Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Killer 3 Contest Winner

Turns out the winner of the Killer 3 contest from Pontiac was someone that learned about the contest from my site. Apparently its getting around some and emailed the Transformers Live Message Boards admin Chad about his experience at the Transformers Premiere on June 27th.

Here is the email with personal information removed just in case:
I just wanted to say I've been checking the blog several times a day for a long time. I have a subscription to Maxim Magazine but I heard about the Killer 3 contest on the blog first. Long story short I entered and won! I saw the premiere on the 27th and It was amazing. I grew up with the Transformers and continue to be a fan today. I might not be as big a fanatic as many but I never stopped following the Transformers. I went to the premiere in L.A. and met Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Anthony Anderson, and Peter Cullen! I got some great pictures with them and the cars and I still have a Pontiac Solstice comming! I guess after all that I'm biased but I thought the movie was perfect and a great interpretation of the Transformers in relation to the climate that the world is in today. Just wanted to share that with you guys and say thanks for keeping the blog going. Just one last question, does anyone else look at the "Wreckage" figure and think that it was probably intended to be an "earth form" Megatron and it just didn't make it? If you look at the figure and compare it to Megatron in the movie (who I thought was bad ass!) the cannon in the chest is similar and the head on wreckage is pretty megatronish. Well thanks again and keep up the good work. I'll be looking for the blog for the sequel!
Congratulations on the win and for enjoying the blog. As for Megatron, in the leaked script it was never indicated he would get an earth mode. For a while there where rumors, fed by the producers, that he would get a fighter jet mode, but I don't think there where ever plans to create an earth mode for him. As for Wreckage, he was a designed character for the movie that got canned in the pre-production phase. The drone toys exist for Transformers: The Game also exist for the same reason. The design work was already done, might as well use em. Purely practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
          Creative Commons License