Saturday, August 29, 2009

Top 100 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Shows

For those that love ranking and debating them, IO9.com has created a whopper of a list with the top 100 science fiction / fantasy shows of all time. Our favorite show, Transformers, was ranked number 89 by the website. I would have ranked it much lower, at least in the top 30 or so. The full list can be found starting here.

The Top 10 are: 10) Lost, 9) Battlestar Galactica (remake), 8) Babylon 5, 7) The X-Files, 6) Buffy The Vampire Slayer, 5) Max Headroom, 4) Star Trek: The Next Generation, 3) Firefly, 2) Doctor Who, 1) Star Trek

Transformers
The original Transformers animated series is where we learned where we stood. Did you side with the Decepticons of the Autobots? Transformers was the ultimate imagination generator — anything is possible when you have a robotic alien species that can transform into a truck or plane, or even a boombox. Plus Optimus Prime could very well be one of the best leaders on television. He was noble, caring, big-hearted, driven and had a velvety voice, all without being as treacly as Adam Prince of Eternia.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know that Lost should be in the top 10, but I definitely agree with the top 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree that Transformers should be ranked lower!!!! But,at least it's in the Top 100!!! Way to go!!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found a Chrome Megatron exclusive i dont know whether you (TFLive) have reported on this so check it out Here.

    http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2009/07/custom-transformers-megatron-and-iron.html

    I think lost became too confusing for most people and as such should have been lower but still . . .

    Yes :) Babylon 5 is in the top 10. I really hope they do that planned film. I loved the series.

    P.s. I dont think two of the Star Trek brands should be on there. Anyway Star Trek is only number 1 because of the Film otherwise i am sure we would have TF closer somewhere near the top 50

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, it's a good list sometimes and then not so much others. I think TF should have definitely ranked somewhere in the 30s or so at least.

    I'm glad Battlestar Galactica (remake) and Babylon 5 made it in the top 10. I love Lost but I'm not sure it's all-time top 10 material.

    Star Trek: TNG is the best Trek series and I would have been fine with it being number 1 of all time. It's truly a timeless show that had the appropriate time to fulfill its complete story arc and is probably the most satisfying sci-fi series I have ever experienced. But then you have the argument that you wouldn't have had TNG without the original series, so I don't know. Maybe have them swapped in the rankings?

    Either way, I'm glad Joss Whedon got two in the top 10 because both Buffy and Firefly -- especially Firefly -- deserve to be recognized for their awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New FAB Arcee Images!
    Heres the gallery!

    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/revenge-of-the-fallen-fast-action-battlers-arcee-images-168425/

    and here is a pix of her full robot mode (FAB)
    http://i3.6.cn/cvbnm/e7/a2/aa/0a99ca5c3d52d3894f67c30bbf37982f.jpg

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License