TFW2005 has posted up a quick summary about Transformers: War for Cybertron and a quick interview with Game Director Matt Tieger. Below are highlights, the full article can be found here.
Also, TransformersGame.com has updated with the trailer. After the trailer plays a pretty click 3D view of Cybertron from space appears with what appears to be a blast coming from its surface (or engine?) with game to "locate a transmission". Click the "?" for instructions. The one I found was coordinate 011 and transmission 263 which switched and showed a still of Optimus Prime.
- Game not based on any generation or iteration of Transformers but uses elements, references, etc to create new cannon that Hasbro is considering using as the basis of new ongoing cannon for the franchise.
- Takes place on Cybertron, long before Transformers ever reached Earth.
- Familiar faces will be in game (Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, etc) with plans to use characters not seen for a long time (Omega Supreme) etc. Which will be playable, boss fights, etc was not indicated.
- "Character development is key", Cybertron will be expanded upon using past references from comics, cartoons, etc such as use of the city Iacon as Prime's home.
- Toys based on the game are under consideration but no firm plans yet.
- "I think there is a law against making a TF game without Peter Cullen."
- There will be online campaigns with co-op modes
- Confirmed game uses the Unreal Engine and will be 3rd person shooter. Not cover-based shooter but teamwork is involved, can transform anywhere, and each character has special abilities.
- There likely will be DLC packs but nothing specific planned yet.