Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Transformers Posters

Its look like the Hugo Weaving Megatron announcement has more or less become the mark of the beginning of the official advertising push for Transformers. With a budget of $150 million for the film, it wouldn't suprise me in the least if the advertising budget is around $40-50 million. With this renewed push comes the next posters for the movie, each a gigantic and detailed shot of Optimus and Megatron's heads. AICN got the one-sheets a day before they show up in USA Today. Suffice it to say they look good and for the Optimus fans notice the mouth shield.

I merged the two posters just for giggles and despite my best efforts, it doesn't appear the backgrounds are shared 100%. Its possible there is a third poster to be released later that could fill out the middle to create a continuous background but doubtful.

10 comments:

  1. F*@king Bad Ass!!!!

    This should shut more people up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Transformers are on myspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just notice there's a news sector seven password on the myspace intro!!

    Try FWIFFO to logg on sector seven website! It's an all new site!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fucking. Badass.

    I will most likely ad one/both of those to my collection.

    This movie is starting to roll on a hype wagon that I hope doesn't turn over come release. Because I'm actually harboring hope for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New sector seven password is FWIFFO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe Rasheed Wallace hit a half-court shot at the buzzer last night? What a lucky shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Notice the wear on Prime's head? Awesome detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The buildings in the background are the same in both pictures, just from slightly different angles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go to michaelbay.com to see the "merged" posters. Link below:

    http://www.michaelbay.com/images/primemegs1920_np.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please forgive me if this is a noob questions, but does anyone know what the 3 characters (japanese, chinese?) on Optimus' head mean?

    I noticed them on the "Protect" movie poster shown Optimus in profile. One of the characters is on what I would call his brow, the other two are located together on what I guess would be the hinge for his jaw.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License