Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fanaticon: New Transfomers Contest

Yahoo! Movies has launched a new contest called Fanaticon that asks "Think you're the ultimate Transformer Fan? Prove it." Its asks for Transfans to submit videos that show how deep their love is for all things Transformers in whatever way people see fit (but probably limited to legal and rated PG actions).

Overall, looks like a sweet contest. Getting to see them edit it and whatnot sounds like would be fun. Might get to see all the transformations before anyone else in the general public. I wonder who the people get to meet will be? ILM folks perhaps? The geek in me find that idea more interesting then meeting Bay, Spielberg and the like.

From the contest site:
The Ultimate Prizes for the Ultimate Fans
Three winners (each with a guest) will get a trip to ILM Studios, the digital masterminds behind TRANSFORMERS, in San Francisco, Calif.

- Watch as they put the finishing touches on TRANSFORMERS.
- Meet the people who will bring Optimus Prime to life…again.
- Prize package for airfare, accommodations and meals.

How to Become a Fanaticon
Maybe you have the entire collection of Transformers action figures in a climate-controlled case. Maybe you quote Optimus Prime in everyday conversation. Or maybe you and your friends like to act out scenes from the Transformers cartoons in suits made of aluminum foil and popsicle sticks.

Whatever it is, film it and then submit your video here starting March 26. Our expert judges will review the videos and pick three true Fanaticons on May 14.
In the interests of transparency, I was contacted by a representative of Yahoo to post, they simply asked, I said sure. I figured site readers would be interested. Besides once it did pop up on my radar I would have posted about it anyway, much like I did for the "Make Prime Speak" contest. If anyone does enter, be sure to post about how it goes in the comments section.

Go to the Fanaticon website for details, rules and how to enter.

3 comments:

  1. 2 NEW AGENT X PODCASTS ARE UP AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!! Refernece to the Hoover Damn, the Megaman, and that the next time we here his voice it will be different...Optimus Prime/Peter Cullen's voice...hot hot hot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err, I'm a big fan, but I have a life to attend to as well. I'm not sure I'd want people to know I "quote Optimus Prime every day"... oh yeah, and live in my grandma's basement too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone please advise as to how i can subscribe to this podcast. i've tried thru both the British and US based iTunes but to no success, is there a website which can be subscribed to?

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License