Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blog Future

The movie has almost been out a month now and the question this blog faces is what next? End it, continue it, change it to something else? Luckily, with the success of the movie and the un-official but essentially official Transformers II already in the preliminary stages, its really not a concern. The blog shall continue.

It will however probably also change just a bit. It will, for a while anyway, probably cover Transformers in the generic sense, not just in a movie related way. The main reason for that honestly is simply filler. The movie news is probably going to be far and few between for a while as pre-production on a movie tends to be relatively quiet in the news area. Might as well post something because nothing is more annoying then a blog that goes quiet for months at a time. When news does break I will post about it though.

What is the immediate future for this first movie? Well, you have U.K. getting a chance to enjoy some Transformers goodness in about 12 hours or so. Then a week later its Japan's turn. Also the San Diego Comic-con is currently going on so maybe some info will leak out (doubtful but never know). Then there is the DVD release that is probably coming in late November (my guess, not confirmed). After that, its hoping information gets leaked as it appears the preliminary goal for a sequel release is 2009. To achieve that and give Hasbro time to do their toy thing, that means a script, cast, and designs probably needs to be nailed down no later then May 2008 (if not sooner).

Finally, I have started two additional blogs in the same format as this one. One is devoted to information about Star Trek XI and the other Monstrous aka Cloverfield. Fan of Star Trek, have liked JJ Abrams work in the past, so hopefully it will prove a good expansion.

Thanks to all the site readers for making the blog pretty successful (to me anyway). Also thanks to the site tippers who provided me with links and other information. Thanks to Chad T. for the Transformers Live Forum (check it out if haven't).

The blog continues and may the next movie be just as successful as the first.

11 comments:

  1. haha...that's what I've been thinking about. I was expecting everybody would just lay low for a while, but the next movie is already been talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey maybe u can also update on transformers movie figures, as i believe hasbro is going to have a number of new ones coming (possible fillers for the blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing all this work. I love this blog. (I just wish it didn't crash my Firefox browser constantly! I suppose I should upgrade.) Your posts changed me from a dismissive TF movie skeptic to avid supporter.

    Thanks much, and I will continue to visit.

    Suz

    http://quotableoptimusprime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING BLOG
    I want to really thank you on all the updates you've been doing throughout the creation of this film and it is DEFINITELY appreciated!

    you rock man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey

    thanks man from Chile

    Everyday i seen your page searching new info.

    I hope reading in future the news of tf in this same place.

    Thanks again!!
    MASTER!!
    http://www.cumshot.cl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for all your hard work. This blog was my daily source for Transformers news for weeks and vastly increased my anticipation for the event.

    Good luck with your other blogs and I'll be back here on a daily basis for TF2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The forum shall continue on as well. It's a broad spectrum, not just Transformers, but mostly Transformers. So head on over and join up, it's great group!

    My personal thanks as well man, it's been a helluva ride, and it's really only just the beginning. The movie was the opening of what will be a great new franchise. Your blog was my first stop always for movie info. So thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the hard work. This blog is awesome. I will continue checking this blog everyday and I will also checkout the Cloverfield Blog.

    And thanks Chad for the TF message boards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is very good, it's been a great way for people to get to-the-point info on the progress with the film. I know that not everyone has the time to read all the messageboards (be it TransformersMovie.com, DonMurphy.net or elsewhere) so this is a great resource. You have done a good job and I'm glad to see your devotion to it hasn't wavered. I know that in a about 16 months TF2 stuff will heat up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog has been my life and sole on Transformers related content, without it, I would not have been able to convert many of my unsuspecting friends to the ways of The Transformers, Thanks for all the info guys

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your hard work. This blog has been an excellent source of information and amusement concerning the Transformers movie.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License