Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bethlehem Steel, Final Day Report

Steel Mill after final scene shotJason H and his friend Ben spent the night at Bethlehem Steel watching the action and at one point was able to meet Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, and Michael Bay. Also they where one of the few invited to see Bay shoot the final scene at Bethelem Steel.

His report:
It is almost 6AM in the morning for me and I work at 9AM. I just got back from the final day at the movie set. This was pretty much the most amazing day of my life. I saw explosions, I saw helicopters again, I saw and met all the actors, and I finally was let into the movie set to watch the last scene in Bethlehem filmed.

When my friend Ben and I arrived at the set 8-ish at night we saw Bethlehem steel fully bright and active. We could immediately tell that Mr. Bay was filming today, even though it called for showers throughout the night. Luckily for us and them, it didn't rain too much.

Randomly, my friend Benand I were standing in front of Bethlehem steel, pretty much filming with his camcorder for fun. We planned to capture the helicopters circling around the steel mill... but randomly at the right moment and time Ben captured a massive explosion effect from start to end.


Throughout the night we saw minor random explosions and various small effects not really worth noting. At around 3-ish in the morning I heard commotion at the actors’ trailers. I ran over to the location to see Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson (pics below) heading to their trailers. I was able to snap a few pictures of them and I also asked if they were finished filming in Bethlehem, and they said yes.

My friend and I didn't feel fully satisfied with the trip. We really wanted to meet Michael Bay. So we waited at one the secured filming barriers hoping he would come up from the set to greet us when he was finally done filming. An hour or so passed by, we witnessed about two more explosions on set. Finally I see a black
SUV drive up near us. I was thinking it was security either preparing to tell us to leave or inform us that Mr. Bay was coming up to say hey.

Well. Two people greeted us and announced that everyone (around 20-30 people) was invited on set to witnessed Mr. Bay film the last scene here in Bethlehem. I am not going to describe what I saw out of respect for this film. I was also unable to have my cell phone nor camera on during my time spent on the set. But I am willing to say it blew my mind away, also I saw how the scene looked through TV monitors while Mr. Bay was too.


Thank you to Ben for the video and a big thank you to Jason for his tireless efforts (literally since up till dawn and going to work a few hours later every night).

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome dude! Good for you! I was there on the 2nd day and got to meet Tyrese. He came over to us and said hi. But if I didn't have to be at work at 7a.m, believe me man, I would've been there all thoughout the night with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason H and Friend, I must tip my hat off to you, Sirs. Good looking out, Man, for getting us those pics and video. Will have to check out the video footage (I'm surprised they let you guys shoot that, as technically it's copyright infringement unless it falls under Fair Use) when I get home later.

    Again, I really appreciate it - I feel for you though, with your work schedule. You might need a few days off, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there at the front gate on rt 412 wear you saw the explosion but i left at 1:30 what time did they let you on set? and wear were you waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was @ the Steel from 12:30am to 3:00am and didn't see much action however I did see a truck similar to Ironhide!! Actually it was def Ironhide! I got soaking wet and had awesome convo's with diehard fans! Josh and Tyrese also came over and signed autographs outside of their trailers but Josh was the one willing to sign and take photo's with EVERYONE!!!! Such a great guy. After that moment since multilple people said they were not doing anything untill it stopped raining, I decided to head home but still it was an awesome sight and I will never forget the Steal all lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breaking news! Official confirmation that Megan Fox was in Bethlehem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many times can that say random?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friends and I like to buy Pirates of the Burning Sea Gold, because the potbs gold is very useful to upgrade equipment.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License