Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tyrese Talks "Angrier" Transformers

Dark Horizons spoke with Tyrese Gibson about Transformers 2 as he was promoting his upcoming movie "Death Race" (which looks pretty good). Tyrese elaborated more about his "more angry" Transfoermers comments and indicates where shooting will go next.
"I like doing one-offs, but I'm more excited about franchises. We're doing Transformers 2 right now. It's crazier, it's angrier, it's bigger explosions, more robots."

"The conflict between the robots and the humans [is more angry]," Gibson adds. "The stakes have been brought up to a whole nother level. The conflicts between the humans and the Decepticons and then the conflict between the Autobots and the Decepticons. It's just more angry."

"Michael Bay is just in rare form right now."

Tyrese is careful not to reveal too much. "More robots. I'm not saying bigger. You're trying to get me to give up the size." (Laughs)

What Gibson will say is that his character's role is expanded this time around. "I am at the top of my class. I am the highest-ranking officer of my class. So it's exciting. I can just say this. Michael Bay is definitely giving Epps a lot of love in this one. It's going to be special. I've been interacting with robots. Most of the conversation with robots [in the first film] was with Shia's character. I've had a few conversations [in the second film] with robots. It's real interesting."

"We rolling. I just did a night shoot. That's why I was so tired yesterday because we shot until about 6:30 in the morning. We're doing the night thing right now and then we're going back to Alamogordo, [New Mexico] white sands to do some more of that rock star stuff out there. The stakes is just a thousand times higher. Crazy."

"We've got about two and a half more months of filming. We've got to go overseas. "I'm hearing Jordan and a few other locations. It's full-throttle."

11 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. At least there's a lot more robot interaction to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! More human/transformer interaction and dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hell yea! lol@tyrese... he sure sounds excited. i bet we are gonna be too xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyrese is great. I loved him in the first. Im glad to see him and Josh come back for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The stakes have been brought up to a whole nother level."

    is that a typo or is that exactly what he said? "NOTHER"??

    ReplyDelete
  6. "LEFT CHEEK, LEFT CHEEK, LEFT CHEEK"

    Can't wait, CAN'T WAIT to see TF2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Transformers will be angrier...?

    Optimus Prime: "Grrrr! i will bite ya, Megatron! Grrrr!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where Stewie took over the world.

    "Anyone using the words 'irregardless,' 'a whole nother,' or 'all of the sudden' will be taken to work camps."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angrier? Coming from a ghetto thug like Tyrese, I fear the Autobots are going to be speaking ebonics and other black "language" in the film. It was bad enough with Jazz :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy. They understand me so well, it is my favorite thing to buy potbs Doubloon.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License