Sunday, December 21, 2008

Epps Get A Promotion

Tyrese Gibson recently spoke with MovieWeb about his role in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen including that his character recieved a promotion.
Can you tell us a little bit about what Sgt. Epps is up to in this summer's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?
Tyrese Gibson: Yes, my character has been upgraded to Master Sergeant Epps. I am the top dog in the air force. I am a master sergeant. I am bringing on way more air strikes. Michael Bay really beefed up my presence in this sequel. I was really happy about that. Just being on the set with all of my cast members really made me feel like we'd created a family union. I think we created something that is really special. The fans out there really showed up and made us feel appreciated for what we did. It felt good to be working on something that the world is waiting to see.

Can you talk about any of the new Transformers that you are going up against?Tyrese Gibson: No. I can't. I'm sorry. It's all secrets. Its way more robots. There are a whole bunch of new robots that the world is going to be introduced to. There is going to be way more action sequences. All of the stuff that goes on is really insane. What I love the most? I can purposely say this. I have never done nothing in my life, or been a part of anything in my life, where I feel like ever man, woman, and child in the world is going to see something that I've been in. And it's a lot of pressure. It is something...I don't know. It's just a lot of pressure. It's like someone telling you that, while it might be a messed up comparison, a tsunami is going to hit in seven months. And you can see the tsunami before it comes. How do you prepare for that? That's how I look at Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It is just so big, and just so gargantuan. It is just really amazing. I am glad to be a part of it. Michael Bay is amazing. Spielberg, Shia, Josh, Megan. Also, you guys should be looking out for Matthew Marsden. He is a British actor. He was the head of the UK forces that are tied into the film. It is going to be pretty crazy.
Thanks to Katie for the heads-up.

3 comments:

  1. they really need to tone it down a bit. It could be a little "too" over the top to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starscream fell for it! The Allspark is ours! I'll have to give myself a... PRRRROMOTION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's even half as good as all this buildup, I'll be satisfied. As long as there are a lot of awesome sequences with Optimus and company. ;)
    Keep up the good work blog guy!

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License