Sunday, June 14, 2009

Marden's Nearly Dies In Copter Stunt?

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen co-star Matthew Marsden (SAS Graham in NEST) talks with Sunday Mercury about a helicopter stunt that nearly killed him in an interview on the eve of the London premiere of the movie. I assume this is a stunt filmed at Bethlehem Steel last June. Some of the article is below, click here for the entire thing. Thanks to Scorpio for the link.
“It was a nightmare,” recalls Matthew, speaking from his home in Los Angeles. “I had a very close shave when a helicopter crashed and missed me by a foot. I stepped out of the way a second before it hit the ground. The stunt went off too early, I should have been some considerable way away. I didn’t seriously injure myself, apart from shearing off one of my bottom teeth. There was a bit of blood, but my adrenaline kicked in so I didn’t feel it.

“I just remember the director, Michael Bay, shouting, ‘Oh my God! Everyone look at Matt!’. One of the crew rushed up and said, ‘Dude, do you have any idea how close that was?’. I said ‘As long as I look cool, I don’t care!’. People will probably think that it’s a computer-generated special effect, but I can assure you it was very real. It’s fine, I’m still here with all my fingers and toes, though not all my teeth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
          Creative Commons License