- 14 robots last time, 46 robots this time (ILM only)
- If you had all the gold ever mined in the history of man, you could build a little more than half of Devastator.
- Devastator’s hand is traveling 390 miles per hour when he punches the pyramid.
- The pyramid destruction simulation was 8 times bigger than the old rigid simulation all-time record holder at ILM.
- All robot parts laid out end to end would stretch from one side of California to the other, about 180 miles
- Devastator’s parts stacked tip to tip would be as tall as 58 empire state buildings.
- If all the texture maps on the show were printed on 1 square yard sheets, they would cover 13 football fields.
- TF1 took 20 Terabytes of disk space. Trans2 took 145 Terabytes. Seven times bigger!
- 145 terabytes would fill 35,000 DVDs. Stacked one on top of the other without storage cases, they would be 145 feet tall.
- If you rendered the entire movie on a modern home PC, you would have had to start the renders 16,000 years ago (when cave paintings like the Hall of Bulls were being made) to finish for this year’s premiere!
- A single IMAX shot in the movie (df250) would have taken almost 3 years to render on a top of the line home PC running nonstop.
- Optimus Prime will be life size on IMAX screens in many forest fight shots.
- IMAX frames take about 6 times longer than anamorphic to render.
- IMAX frame render times: As high as 72 hours per frame!
ILM screen time
- ILM Screen Time is about 51 minutes.
- Devastator is as tall as a 10 story building.
- Devastator has more than 10 times the number of individual parts found in an average car.
- Laid out end to end, Devastator’s parts would be almost 14 miles long.
- Number of geom pieces: 52632
- The total number of polygons: 11,716,127
- The total length of all pieces: 73090 feet
- The total length of all pieces: 13.84 miles
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Transformers 2 Fun Facts
Over at MichaelBay.com, there is a new article that provides a bunch of impressive facts about Devastator, CGI effects and other stats in regards to making Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Memorize and annoy your friends by spouting these facts while watching the film :P