Before the film started the lady briefly spoke about it and how were not able to put up a review up until Monday. She also mentioned we were the first to view the fully completed version; the one that was shown in Japan wasn’t fully complete.In addition, Ali reports that three of the four IMAX scenes are the Demolisher scene, forest fight, and Devastator.
Well first impressions it definitely packs a punch, jam packed in every sense - the story, action, definetly more robots, more humour but some of the humour was dragging a bit and not needed e.g. Sam's roommate Leon. The robots look awesome and you can actual see more detail in transformation, in particular keep an eye out (not that I think you'll miss it) for Ironhide's first transformation & Demolisher and also the fight scenes are much more detailed. Definitely glad I’m watching it at the IMAX and would recommend IMAX over regular cinema especially for this film, Michael Bay wasn’t lying. Those actual IMAX scenes are going to look AWESOME. The sound quality wasn’t as great and I’m mentioning this because there were times where I missed lines times & couldn’t understand what was being said, the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square is setup more like a theatre and kinda ol skool.
Things I can remember about the robots... everyone mentioned more or less is in the film, the twins start off as the ice cream trucks then they upgrade. Alice transforms. I remember seeing Bonecrusher, but no voiceover. More Decepticons come down but are not named; I can’t remember extra voiceovers for any Autobots or Decepticons. ...I know you'll enjoy it, everyone was clapping when the film was finished, I definitely am looking forward to going to watching it at the IMAX, you know what they say second times a charm.
For those looking for more spoilers, below is a report from TFW2005. Thanks to Scalan15 for the link. Highlight to read.
To answer many frequent questionsEnd spoilers
- NO Barricade in movie
- No explanation why Megan Fox puts the white dress on and holds the flowers, just does it for no reason it would seem
- No explanation what the Twins reformat from the Ice Cream truck, they just do it in the hanger
- Bikes do NOT combine (you only see the rider ladies once and one bike is killed at end or badly shot)
- Optimus/ Jetfire combination NOT permenant, one whole booster ripped off fighting with Megatron and the Fallen. Prime tears rest off at battles end
- Jolt appears out of nowhere 1/2 way into film on the runway (as does Ratchet) and you old see Jolt one other time from what I could see. Never a main shot or close up of him. His hands sizzle electricity like the SW Emperor. He must have less than 5 seconds screen time
- There are LOADS of constructicons, after Devastator has combined you still see Mixmater and Long Haul loads, plus others
- Bonecrusher from 1st movie appears in truck mode
- You do see Soundwaves head but he never transforms. Voice is Welkers G1 Megatron voice
- The "Blackout/Grindor" bot is never explained, just appears, slightly different head to Blackout though
- Sideways only seen for robot for split second then back to car, then Sideswipe cuts him in half longways
- FINALLY a shot of Optimus turning into the truck!
- Megatron is a triple changer, you see him as robot, tank and a jet. Jet looked like tank but with flat wings, hard to see
- Mixmaster is triple changer, robot, truck and weapons platform. Uses platform mode twice at the end
- Shot of the protoforms arriving, some reused footage from first film. Some first film footage used with more prototforms added
Best Lines from the film
- The Twins "That hurt" - "It's an ass kicking, it's supposed to"
- The Twins "Maybe he's just a pussy!"
- The Twins when they see Devastator "Look at that mother f*BANG*"
- Jetfire (when hanger doors won't open) "Oh bollocks!"
- Jetfire "I'm too old for this crap!"
- SUPERB Special effects, truely amazing
- The music score is great again, some lovely chior pieces
- Optimus is solid, really kicks ass - As does Bumblebee when he tries!
- Action, action, action!
- Some lovely moments between Starscream and Megatron
- Sam's mum getting stoned - Really annoying pointless scene
- Alice - Pointless character and waste of screentime
- And I am very, very, VERY sorry to say - Devastator. Totally pointless him being in the film. He doesn't get involved in the final battle and Simmons bringing him down is very WTF, by far Devastator biggest let down in movie
- When Sam dies and goes to Autobot heaven - WTF???
Stuff different from trailers
- Bumblebee never says "what is your purpose Sam" like in the Showest footage - I might be wrong about this one
- Some of the Showest sections are different takes in final film
- The military guy saying "Looks exactly like a truck" not in movie