Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Transformers Video Games Stuff

A few Transformers video games stuff has popped up today. Activision has released a press release for yesterday's release of Transformers: Dark of the Moon The Game while the voice of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, did his part to promote the game to USA Today. In addition Jagex, makers of the Transformers Universe MMO, released their Botcon teaser video, screensaver and concept art. From the Cullen interview:
"Doing the movie or the animated series, there's a plot and character development and a sense of continuous feeling of one kind or another," Cullen explains. "But in the game, you're one-on-one with an individual, and the lines are quick one-liners oftentimes, and maybe some advice now and then. Basically, it's a one-on-one mental intimacy with the player. That is much different than being involved as a spectator watching a film or a show."

"I basically want to sound like the character all the time, because I can do that with emotion. Because it's more of a command or advice of some kind very quickly, I do second-guess whether or not I've fulfilled the emotional contact as much as I could. There are hundreds and hundreds of one-liners, and it gets frustrating sometimes."

"I want to sound the way I would in a movie. But when you're one-on-one, I don't think the player's going to insist on the perfect scenario," Cullen adds with a chuckle. "He's in an intimate relationship. He's picked Optimus Prime, to follow his instructions and do what he's told."


1 comment:

  1. Was anyone else dissapointed that dotm video game didnt actually make the shelves at midnite on the 14th due to duke nukem?? Luckily it was released later that day for preorder pick up...My gamestop locale let me have one even though i didnt preorder!!!-Kup

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License