Highlights on Enemy Design and AI:
- AI and enemy approach rebuilt from War for Cybertron
- Enemy responsive improved with distinct sound effects and transformations to hint at enemy behavior and weaknesses.
- Multiple AI specialty classes built like the Autobot Titan class.
- Three Decepticon classes is the Leaper (jumps around to attack, vulnerable to rear attacks), Guardian (3 modes depending in if player seen or not), and Wall Crawler (2 modes, likes to attack from sniper positions)
Highlights on the Dinobots:
- Once early decision was made to use the Dinobots, convinced Hasbro to help develop new canon on how came to be (aka no longer creation of Wheeljack and Ratchet as in the G1 cartoons).
- Grimlock and pre-transformation Dinobots are like the Seal Team Six of the Autobots
- Grimlock and Optimus don't see eye to eye on how to handle various situations, analogous to the Megatron and Starscream relationship.
- Retains Grimlock's G1 speech problems (result of rewiring of brain by Shockwave) but while losing his stupidity.
- Game will not show their Cybertronian forms, just their Dinobot ones.
- All five G1 inspired Dinobots will be in the game so Grimlock, Swoop (actually likes his change), Slag, Sludge (bad things happen to him in game), and Snarl.
- Grimlock does not have a gun but attacks with a sword and shield. His "range" attack is to throw Decepticons around. For dinosaur mode aka "God mode", requires killing enough Decepticons to fill his rage meter since nearly invincible in that mode.
- Tried to keep the key classic look of the Dinobots going back to G1 days while emphasizing their animal aspects and strength.