- A new Star Wars Trilogy was announced with Episodes 7 (for 2015), 8 (for 2017), and 9 (2019). Treatments already exist for this.
- George Lucas will be a consultant on the film. He will not be writing or directing them. No details on who will be.
- Fox will not distribute the third Star Wars trilogy but retain the rights to distribute Star Wars Episode 1-6.
- Disney are interested in more Star Wars cartoons for DisneyXD. No mention of the live action Star Wars TV series that Lucas had quietly been working on for years.
- No plans for Indiana Jones as Paramount has the rights. With this legal wrinkle, chances of a new movies are probably toast (but both Spielberg and Lucas were not interested in doing more anyway).
- Dark Horse Comics will keep the Star Wars license "for the near future." More then likely the 20+ year relationship will come to an end whenever the contact expires that Disney inherited. After their Marvel buy, the Disney comics were taken from other comic publishers as soon as legally allowed.