be filming in downtown Detroit at the China Set from July 31 to August 10. Located on Washington Blvd near Grand Circus Park, that means that streets will have to be closed to accommodate the production. According to MLive.com, a letter sent from Paramount to residents in the area warns that "During our filming please expect to experience simulated gunfire, controlled pyrotechnic explosions, precision driving potentially involving squealing tires, controlled vehicle crashes and smoke." The Detroit People Mover will also be impacted with "occasional three- or four-minute delay due to 'pyrotechnic effects in close proximity'." Below is a summary of street closings.
- Clifford Street from the center of Washington Boulevard to W. Adams Street from July 26 to Aug. 10.
- Bagley Avenue from Park Avenue to Cass Avenue from July 26 to Aug. 10.
- Times Square between Clifford Street and Grand River Avenue from July 23 to Aug. 10.
- Middle Street Clifford Street to Grand River Avenue from July 26 to Aug. 10.
- Elizabeth Street from Clifford Street to Grand River Avenue from July 30 to Aug. 10.
- South-bound Washington Boulevard from Park Avenue to Grand River Avenue from July 19 to Aug. 10.
- Grand River Avenue from Cass Avenue to Washington Boulevard will be intermittently fully closed, but definitely all day on Aug. 4, when filming will be concentrating at the Rosa Parks Transit Center and Times Square.
- Park Avenue from W. Adams Street to the center of Washington Boulevard will be intermittently closed from July 31 to Aug. 10.