Saturday, August 19, 2006

Leaked Toy Images, Movie Robot Mode?

In this weekend of Transformers news comes leaked images of the potential plans for Optimus Prime, Starscream, Blackout and Scorponok. Since toys nowadays can do a remarkable job of recreating the characters and moments from the movies, its safe to say these images give a strong hint at to what the Transformers modes will look like in the movie. If they can pull of this detail for the toys, I can't wait to unleash my inner 10 year old with them.






As an aside, TFW2005.com, I understand why people use watermarks(referring those HUGE yellow words on the above images), but when the watermarks interferes with the image being displayed, you are taking the protecting of intellectual data (that usually isn't even your data to begin with) a little to far. Drop the watermark in the corner like everyone else. Or fade it, but do something so that it doesn't interfere with what you are presenting. When you have professional photographers that don't even do that, you should know you are taking the watermark a little to far.
(source)

8 comments:

  1. I can't say that I'm real happy with the way this is turning out. I'm trying my best not to have unrealistic expectations of the models being exactly what they were in the 80s cartoons, but I really think that this is a case of the studio trying too hard to make the robots look edgy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a little worried when Michael Bay is involved, but those photos indeed look like they're on the right path with this one .. My inner 10-year-old is also rooting for them to not screw this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look way too much like the recent modern transformer toys - busy bits off complex junk everywhere. None of the fun, simple good design of the original. Prime's Robot mode doesn't show any signs he transforms into a truck! The orginal toy and truck were so appealing and clear. What a dissappointment. Not good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they're staying away from the cartoon look and I imagine this stuff is going to look great on the big screen.

    So Prime's not a flat-nosed semi. Big f***ing deal. As long as Peter Cullen is doing the voice, this *is* Optimus Prime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude, that Blackout toy made me cream myself, i havent been this stoked about a transformer toy since megatron was made into a tank for the first time

    i agree with what the one guy said, sure we kinda hope for our original robots to return, but this is a new age- as long as there is some form of giant robot transforming into a vehicle, im happy.

    a lot of the new transformers toys are much more superior than the ones we gre up with, i have no shame in saying so. its a digital age, gotta change w/ the times and free our minds! haha

    oh, and starscream looks sick as hell, so im stoked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Transformers look incrediable! I love how they made Starscream, Scorponok and Blackout look! I can tell that this movie is even gonna be more killer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully these very early prototypes (ie Starscream etc) will be revised and improved upon to greatly resemble the G1 transformers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here after release of transformers rotb. Reading the blog and comments somehow take me back when people appreciated the movies. Today I see some critics and *youtube reviewers* criticising the new TF movie for being the same story. They do not realise that they watch too much movies and these movies are made for adults whom have grown with transformers. As a TF fan I appreciate the new TF movies and even Michael Bay. I can say that Bay's cinematography is underrated when I see people appreciating director like Christopher Nolan. I'm out of words now I had to express something. I hope somebody reads it. ✌️

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License