Friday, June 20, 2008

More Pics of "Paris"

Below are more pictures from scenes shot on Chancellor Street by Jim C last night. He also provided a report of what he saw while he was there.
I was able to get behind security last night and take some photos of where the scene on Chancellor Street starts. While I was there they were using stand-ins for Sam's parents. The scene doesn't involve his parents being chased; it has them running away from a building collapse. While I was there they had 4 extras on three Vespas and a stunt driver in the Smart car. The Smart is just trying to get away from the building collapse as well and drives around Sam's parents. The video is of the beginning of the scene and shows the Smart car taking off as well as the extras running back and forth across the street for background footage. The coolest thing about the night was that I was literally inches away from Bay, three separate times. He actually picked me and some other girl to be extras in the scene but neither one of us was actually an extra, we both were behind the gates because we said we lived there. It was a great night!

Photo 1 is of someone setting up a floral stand outside city hall. They had about 50 extras around there at the time but we left before they filmed anything. Photo 2 is of a Toyota Yaris (I think) and a Honda Element, both with French plates that I captured in a small base area at 13th and Market. Photos 3 and 4 are of Chancellor Street before the filming. You can see the Smart Car and three Vespas as well as an older car that I'm not sure makes it in the scene. Photo 5 is of the start of where the scene takes place; you can see the older car and three Vespas. 169 is a photo of the Stunt driver in the Smart car. Photo 6 is some extras and the empty Smart Car.

Thanks to Jim C for the pictures.

7 comments:

  1. I wonder if what ever causes that building to collapse catches up to them or unintentionally crosses their path again because in one of those YouTube videos and explosion takes place right in front of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to give a little more insight into last night's filming on Chancellor St. The alley being evacuated has a large sign on the corner, obviously in French. It says, roughly translated, School of Military. So it is apparently the sight of some sort of military academy.

    They do not use stand-ins for Sam's parents. The only reason I know this is because I had a very nice, humble conversation with Kevin Dunn, who play his father. A very nice man, and reminded me a lot of my own father oddly enough.

    And the final shoot at that scene last night makes it pretty apparent that whatever does cause the building to collapse and sends people stampeding, confronts the Witwicky parents head on, flashing a huge light down upon them, and causing them to scream in cringe in fear.

    I suppose that is enough for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just saying that when I was there, they had stand ins for his parents. I think I left before they filmed the scenes with his parents actually in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do not use stand-ins for Sam's parents.

    They use stand-ins when they're still lighting and prepping for a shot. You're not gonna have your principal actors stand still from several minutes to even an hour if you're not ready to film them yet. They have better things to do...like smoke a cig inside a museum restroom like Shia LaBeouf did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course there were stand ins. They were both wearing light blue and they had the names of the characters on their clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are correct above. I love how the previous poster is trying to tell me what I saw with my own two eyes. Furthermore I had a conversation for 5 mins with the stand in for Sam's dad. He was a SAG member, from the area, and he told me how he stands in a lot for M. Night Shyamalan's films.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This may be a little nit-picky, but it just does not make any sense to me - I just noticed something strange with that first pic - the umbrellas over the floral displays read, "Carte D'Or Glace" which literally means, "Map of Gold Ice Cream". Why would a tent over a floral display be saying something about ice cream? Maybe the ice cream company is a sponsor of the floral company. Hmmmmm. . . . .

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License