Friday, June 20, 2008

Sam's Parents On The Run

Last night TF2 production moved to Philly City Hall to film a Paris scene involving Julie White and Kevin Dunn. PhillyFilmGirl was able to capture some of the filming. The first video is the pair running down a street either chased or followed by a silver Saturn Astra, with a humorous moment from Mrs. White at the end. The second video is the two having a bright spotlight shone on them from higher then human height suggesting a possible Transformer looking at them.

Additionally there are two pictures from VDG. One shows the side street in the day that is the same street from the videos and the second is Shia at the Washington and 25th chase set which was where the silver Saturn was first spotted.

I am starting to wonder if the story beat isn't the Decepticons hunting the parentals down for some unknown reason. If this theory is true then that suggests that the Saturn Astra is potentially a Decepticon.

Update: From PhillyFilmGirl, the car in the scene is a Smart car to reflect the Paris location. So I guess the car isn't after them but something is.



Thanks to PhillyFilmGirl for the videos and VDG for the pictures.

14 comments:

  1. THAT REALLY ISN'T the Astra...

    That is a Smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's definetly a Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work guys! You all do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Witwicky sure has cojones to say "F-You" and give a Transformer the middle finger :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone know what's up at the Eastern State today? Or anywhere else they're filming? I'm headed out and wondering if anyone has seen anything worthwhile??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same Transformers hat that Bay on on. Maybe I should be the director.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eep this just makes me more excited!!! Glad to see Sam's parents back in the story. Yeah I'd think it's a decepticon that was chasing them I mean an autobot wouldn't do that. Also with shinning the head lights at them and making them look up yeah definitly says there is a transformer there. I wonder which one it is! I can't wait till the movie comes out just watching this makes me more excited! This is so cool the Witwicky's first encounter with a decepticon xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone know what's up at the Eastern State today? Or anywhere else they're filming? I'm headed out and wondering if anyone has seen anything worthwhile??

    I read on this Blog that Shia and Megan are suppose to film at Eastern State today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting tid bit a little off topic but not off T2 at all. Uh I found this while on IMDB. I don't know how reliable it is but two characters are on the list which I didn't see yesterday when I checked.

    Samantha Smith as Sarah Lennox

    Sean T. Krishnan as Yakov

    Then there is also something else interesting it shows on there Leo's last name

    Leo Spitz

    Again I don't know how reliable this info is but I thought it was interesting and should be posted somewhere.

    Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was there last night, I uploaded some photos to the sight owner. The car wasn't chasing them, it was just fleeing like them. The scene was supposed to represent a building collapse, and they are running from that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. eh... the smart just went off... maybe he wasn't chasing but rather running away from something

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also glad to see Sam's parents return, especially the Woman that plays his Mom. I like her alot, and I remember how she told the Sector 7 Agents in TF1, "If you mess up my flowers, I'll kick your a$$!", LOL!!!!! Love seeing her flip that pre-rendered Decepticon the bird (can't wait to see WHICH Decepticon it is and what his response is).

    I also get the vibe that both Kevin Dunn and Julie White are real down-to-earth and humble in real-life which is cool. Would love to meet them someday (too bad, I live outside Cincinnati, Ohio, which isn't too far from Philly, though).

    ReplyDelete
  13. But in the first film, bumblebee was kind of chasing sam. maybe it could be an autobot. but then again, it would seem to be more of a decepticon

    ReplyDelete
  14. my thoughts are that it is 100% autobot. Just the fact that if it were a decepticon it wouldn't stop n stare it would just destroy them, unless they are running from a decepticon and an autobot saves them. Maybe they have to get in the car just as sam and mikaela did. I just think there is going to be more humor to this movie to where sam is used to all the robots and the parents are just amazed at all of this.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License