Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bay Comments on Shia's Accident

Michael Bay has posted on his forums about Shia LaBeouf's accident. While Shia was driving drunk, the accident was the result of the other driver running the red light which led to injuries including one on his left hand that required surgery and will sideline the actor for the next month.
Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen :

The car crash with Shia is unexpected, but we are still filming. The movie has not shut down - there is plenty to do without Shia. The shooting is also going great - I'm having a blast making this movie! Shia will be back soon and we wish all wish him a fast recovery.

Michael Bay
I guess that means that the schedule did have to be altered to accommodate Shia's injuries. I wonder what changes where made and did any of them include stunt or slight story adjustments. I am a big fan of "Sh@# happens" but hopefully Shia will not invite greater frequency of that by driving drunk again. Thanks to Rich for the link.

The hilarious picture above is courtesy of Jester of the Motormaster, Tumbler, Trailbreaker, and Jetfire creations.

Update: It seems that despite all the teasing for Shia's drunk driving, he was behaved responsibily after the accident despite being hurt:
According to Access Hollywood, witness Brian Perrulli reports "Shia was tending to the other people in the car, signing over information, like insurance and stuff and basically, I overheard the guy tell him, ‘You should just get out of here and go,’ and Shia said, ‘Nah man. I gotta deal with this. My license plate, it’s my car. I don’t wanna go, I gotta deal with this.’” Brian claims he heard the man from the other vehicle, who has not yet been identified, say he would cover for Shia. “The guy Shia hit told him, ‘You should get outta here,’ and ‘I never saw you.’ He said, ‘I never saw you,’ and Shia said, ‘No, man, I gotta stay here and deal with this. It’s my problem”. The Brian guy went on to say Shia did not seem intoxicated, “He looked more disoriented and shocked more than drunk. I wouldn’t have thought he was drunk."

Hopefully this will be the last bit of news on the accident unless new info comes out about its impact on Transformers 2 production.

8 comments:

  1. In terms of destructive Hollywood star behavior LaBeouf is still a lightweight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "mystery" girl he was with was Isabel Lucas according to CNN

    ReplyDelete
  3. did anyone note the passenger is shia's car was isabel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's Jester's email address?? I want to send him a pic of my truck and see if he'll make a transformer robot mode out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "did anyone note the passenger is shia's car was isabel?"

    Oh, i don't know... Maybe... THE GAY BEFORE YOU?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the guy wanted Shia to walk away so he wouldn't have to pay for fucking his shit up. If it wasn't Shia's fault, why would the guy want him to leave? Especially if there were injured people on the scene?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, sorry, i didn't mean "gay" but
    "GUY"... No offence, sorry :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Shirt were can I get one

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License