ET Online has a brief interview where he focuses mostly on Friday the 13th, but at the end of the video mentions that he "is leaving the editing room [for Transformers 2] right now to come to this premiere."
Relaxed and just having fun, Michael Bay also spoke with Collider.com, joking about buying the website and how he has access to anything he wants, including the Pyramids, thanks to his relationship with the Pentagon (mostly said in a joking manner). The video is below.
- Transformers 2 was the first film in 30 years to shoot at the Pyramids thanks to the help of Dr.Zahi Hawass who was a fan of the first movie.
- There are three scenes shot for IMAX release of the movie. Whether they are skyline type shots of The Dark Knight Bay didn't say but he did say "...it's different when you see Optimus Prime fighting in IMAX."
- Bay: "What I like about this movie, granted it’s bigger, but it’s not trying to be bigger just to be bigger. It's a great adventure. The thing I like about it is the robots have much more personality. ...We can really get these robots to emote. ...This movie is darker."
- "This one is epic in scale. The first one had to establish everything. ...this one you get taken on a ride...the characters get taken on a ride with these robots.
- On movie length, around 2 hours 20 minutes but still editing so that will probably change.
- On doing a third movie, "I can see myself doing a third. I just want to take a year off [before] doing a third. We'll see."
Thanks to Katie, Dan, and Gavin for the links used in this post.