The 2D footage had the new stuff and it was really focused on the beginning of the movie so here is what I saw that was new to me:The main takeaway is Galvatron is a human created Transformer and at least a 3rd dinobot appears in the film (Slash it seems).
* There was a quick shot of an actual raptor style dinosaur, not a transformer. Obviously something tied into the dinobot that maybe tells there story? Not sure.
* Lucas (curly haired guy) gets to say a few words. Obviously works for Cade (Mark Wahlberg) as his assistant mechanic. Didnt say anything really important
* Cade is very much a kid in a blokes body.
* Shane (boyfriend) is introduced right after Prime breaks out of the barn. Prime obviously gets away and Shane rocks up in his Rally Car to pick up Cade, Tessa, Lucas and escape. They get chased by FBI dune buggy style cars that looked pretty cool.
* Now this next bit was slightly disappointing. GALVATRON IS REMOTE CONTROLLED BY HUMANS! The humans send in Galvatron to get Prime and fight starts. Galvatron gets beat up but once Lockdown arrives and shoots Prime, the humans pull Galvatron out. So he lives on and will probably pop up later in the movie I would assume!
* There is still no reason behind why Lockdown is on earth so can't shine light there but once Prime has been shot, Lockdown pulls him up into the ship by the net and this is also the point where Tessa gets stuck in the net with Prime. Cade runs and grabs the net but falls.
*As Prime is getting pulled up in the net he says again "calling all autobots!"
* Right after this scene there is a quick shot of Bumble Bee and Hound walking in a spaceship but again not sure at what stage of the movie this is as it didn't flow from the fight scene
* There was a little extra footage of Ratchet being shot up but not a whole heap more to confirm if he is killed
* They showed extended footage of Cade and Savoy punching on. When Cade falls off the building and grabs the ledge (in last preview)....that is because of the fight with Savoy.
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Sydney Pre-Screening Description and Story Details
Yesterday a press event was held in Sydney, Australia to help promote Transformers: Age of Extinction that Mark Wahlberg participated in. The event included around 15 minutes of footage from the film that based on the description (below) was probably the same as what was shown to theater execs at CinemaCon. A TFW2005 member posted a blog post describing the footage scenes. The info does confirm a few fan story assumptions. Since it is a description of story beats, spoiler warning!