Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Michael Bay Comments on Transformers Writers Room

In an interview with Collider for 13 Hours, Michael Bay briefly commented on the Transformers Writers Room. As far as giving any info on Transformers 5 he said "I can't tease shit. I am going to be like J.J. Abrams". Important part below, TF stuff starts at the 7:27 point in the video below.
Collider: They are aiming to do a lot more. They had these story groups. Where people came in. What can you tease people about where you want to take your last installment of the franchise and maybe anything you can reveal from those story meetings that really resonated with you.
Bay: They did a really good job of going back in time and connecting things in history and how it relates. Different spin-offs. They are a very talented group of writers. They came up with a lot of clever ideas. Steven [Spielberg] and I are going to break out some smaller ones to do. I guess this will be my last one.

Collider: You have said that before.
Bay: Yeah, I know. That is all they want to do is this franchise. That is all they want to do. I had to beg to get to get to make [13 Hours].
All he really did was confirm what we already knew - that the Writers Room generated multiple story ideas that Hasbro, Paramount, etc are considering. Michael Bay, regardless if Transformers 5 is the last TF film he directs, is likely contractually locked in for Executive Producer credit for all future Transformers films which means he has input on at least some of the decisions for the franchise's future.

8 comments:

  1. Is the "Black Lives matter" movement racist?
    Black Lives Matter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does that have to do with Transformers?

      Delete
    2. Not a damn thing. Take it elsewhere.

      Delete
  2. I'm really hoping we a bunch of new Decepticons and hopefully at least one of the wreckers return because they where such badass character's it could be Topspin or Roadbuster or both.Maybe Roadbuster has a new team of wreckers I don't know I just want them back thier so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I also hope we finally see Hot Rod! Hopefully,not a completely re imagined version of him either

      Delete
  3. Thank you again for all the knowledge u distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing.
    military vehicles for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. wreckers are all dead in tf4

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License