From the SDCC panel, the goal of Machinima's creators was to get to the core of each character and then try to remain consistent with that core when writing them. The opening episode has Menasor landing on the planet Cambinus with Windblad and Maxima trying to stop him. While technically there are genders in Transformers, Hasbro made the decision to leave "why" a mystery. There are currently no plans for a blu-ray release of the series since it will be available for streaming. The 8 episode series will premiere August 2 on Go90.com in the United States.
About Transformers: Combiner Wars
Taking place 40 years after the great war on Earth, the eight episode digital series introduces new lore and all-new characters that, combined with the characters fans have known for decades, will bring the Transformers storytelling in a new direction.
The Autobots and Decepticons have disbanded and returned to Cybertron. With the days of Optimus Prime and Megatron over, Cybertron is now ruled by a triumvirate. However, an ancient technology has enabled a new threat, the power for multiple Transformers to combine into one massive, dangerous form: Combiners. Who will stand-up to this threat to ensure that the fragile peace that was 4 million years in the making remains?
· ANNA AKANA, Victorion. With her 1.8M followers across YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram, Akana is a social media powerhouse. As an actress, she has had roles in Marvel’s Ant Man, Hello, My Name is Doris, and Freeform’s The Fosters.
· JON BAILEY, Optimus Prime. Otherwise known as the “EpicVoiceGuy,” Bailey is perhaps most recognizable as the current narrator of Honest Trailers.
· CHARLIE GUZMAN, Menasor. Known best to his 2.6M YouTube subscribers as, “DashieGames,” Guzman has made a career out of gameplay videos. He’s built his impressive fan base by taking games like Grand Theft Auto and Mario Kart, and adding comedic commentary to his gameplay.
· RICKY HAYBERG, Computron. Ricky is an actor, writer, and the host for Machinima’s franchise show, ETC.
· AMY JOHNSTON, Maxima. Best known for her work with the production company, Bat in the Sun, Johnston has also cameoed in Machinima’s recent Street Fighter: Resurrection series.
· JASON MARNOCHA, Megatron. Marnocha is an actor and writer known best for his work on Throne of Atlantis, Deathstroke: Arkham Assassin, and Justice League War Abridged.
· LANA MCKISSACK, Mistress of Flame. McKissack is perhaps most well known for her YouTube channel, thanks to her comedy sketches. She also has an extensive list of acting credits that includes Four Rooms, The Magic Pearl, and The Passing.
· BEN PRONSKY, Rodimus Prime. Pronsky is a voice actor with various TV and video game credits. He’s provided the voice to characters in shows like Aldnoah.Zero, and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, and for games such as Dynasty Warriors 8 and D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die.
· PATRICK SEITZ, Devastator. With over 200 credits to his name, Seitz has provided voices for a variety of well-known films, TV shows, and video games. His work includes Inside Out, Monsters University, and Resident Evil: Damnation.
· FRANK TODARO, Starscream. Todaro is a voice actor with various video game credits. They include, Shardlight, Technobabylon, and LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2 where he was the voice of the Buzz Lightyear.
· ABBY TROTT, Windblade. Trott is a voice actress with credits that include the TV series The Seven Deadly Sins and Miss Monochrome, as well as the video game Killer Instinct.
· ERIC CALDERON, Executive Producer. With over 20 years in animation, Calderon has developed more than a dozen animated TV series, including Afro Samurai with Samuel L. Jackson on SpikeTV.
· FJ DESANTO, Writer. As a development and production executive for over 20 years, Desanto has played an integral role in the Batman franchise and for films like Constantine and The Spirit. He has also served as a writer for DC Comics, Boom Studios, Archaia Entertainment, and Shopro Books. Desanto currently serves as President and Head of Development for Silver Fox Entertainment.
· GEORGE KRSTIC, Head Writer. Krstic’s 20+ year writing and producing career has spanned comedy and action animation with big franchises like, Clone Wars and Speed Racer, as well as stylish originals like MTV’s Downtown and The Five Killers. He is also the creator of the Cartoon Network series, Megas XLR and writes for comics and major video game titles.
· TATSUNOKO PRODUCTION Japanese production company, Tatsunoko, serves as one of the legendary story-telling forces in Japanese anime and hero culture. They’re known for creating worldwide classics such as Speed Racer and Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets).