Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bumblebee Pic Removed

Finally got around to checking my email today and looks like Paramount/Dreamworks got around to little old me and kindly asked I removed the Bumbleebee pic I had posted before.

I was tempted to ignore the request as the source of the email didn't come from paramount or dreamworks as one might expect:

From: "---" <---@Newmediastrategies.net>
To: canowupass@yahoo.com
CC: "---" <---@Newmediastrategies.net>

To [me]:

I work with Paramount Pictures and am contacting you to respectfully request that you remove the link to the Bumblebee Image that you have posted in your blog - http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/

The image is not authorized for release and we are currently reaching out to sites/blogs with the same request. Please let me know when this has been removed. Thank you in advance for your assistance – it is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
-name removed-
___________________________
-name removed-
-title removed-
New Media Strategies
Tel: -removed-
---@newmediastrategies.net


I purposely removed the personal information on who sent me the email since they are only doing their job and don't want to risk them getting harassed. Oddly the person CC'ed themselves the email, even though it should be in their "Sent Items" folder which is pretty much standard with any mail client currently used. Anyway, News Media Strategies does seem like a legit site so once again decided to err on the side of caution.

As a result, I have removed the pic even though really don't want to as have enjoyed the little spike of people it has brought to my humble site. Basically, I am not financially solvent enough to risk the hammer of the legal gods and, here we are. Feel free to express why you think its a bad idea for Paramount/Dreamworks to keep a lid on this information as I think they should be glad that info like this gets leaked. Any press is good press, and the more curious people get, the more money they are likely to make.

3 comments:

  1. Are we allowed to post the Bumblebee pic again? A friend of mine posted it on her forum, and then I psoted it on another four,... should we take them down? There's other pics that I poseted which I got off my friend too, but I don't know if they're authentic.

    here's the link:
    http://www.halobabies.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14815

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to cause you any trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, its was no trouble. Glad I had the pic and frankly each time I get pics I am going to post em. They will just have to tell me to pull them each and everytime. I don't even think they have legal grounds for their moves, but they do have the money and the lawyers.

    Anyway, I will take whatever pics and info comes out. Also, I still have the info to update the site a bit, just haven't had a chance to to it. Hopefully this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License