Monday, July 24, 2006

Di Bonaventura Interview

iFMagazine.com posted an interview it had with Transformers producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura during the San Diego convention weekend. The article claims secrets are revealed.

The highlights:
- "We're doing CG animation on their faces" Hmm wonder if using motion capture or just regular animation skills?

- "I think it's [dangerous] to show things too early. By the time I saw King Kong, I had been there." I think he is referring to the production diaries, and to be fair if you had seen the orginial King Kong then there where few suprises. However, the analogy holds when applied the orginial teaser trailer look of Kong changed visually quite alot to the final version.

- Transformers will not match the animation look exactly. I may be a minority, but I hope not, just keep the visual features that are a core of the character. For Prime its his colors and his head, for Megatron its a big ass cannon and again the head. So on and so forth. Like most,that'ss why annoyed with the Megs as a plane. That just isn't bad ass enough. At least on paper, final product will tell the tale.

- Key plan is give working parts more movement and real world. I think that means truly show how a robot might change form every step of the way rather then the simplified version the animation show used where it was basically a three shot transformation. I am guessing the closest to it my be that transformation of Unicron, where you could see how his parts moved, combines, etc to get to robot mode, and even that is probably not really close to what the final attempt will be. Either way, if its even close to what I am thinking, it will be sweet.

The fill article is here.

(source)

1 comment:

  1. What about Megatrons famous crotch? XD
    thats as much apart of his character as anything

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License