Friday, May 18, 2007

Bay Comments On Fan Reaction to Trailer

Bay posted up a comment on his Shoot For The Edit blog regarding Transfan reaction to the new trailer:
Hey, i want to thank everyone for the kind words on the trailer. I'm so used to seeing robots I kind of got bored with the trailer. I forget you have not seen them. When they put the piece together I kept wanting to show our truly awesome shots - but we didn't. I can without a doubt say we have just teased you on this trailer. We have so many awesome shots that will never be in our ads. I bet this will be one of the rare trailers that does not show you the true money shots of the movie.

I would also like fans opinion on opening on July 3rd instead of the 4th. The studio kind of sort of is thinking about which might mean "no". If you spread the word on the Net - they might listen. The 3rd everyone is off from work, I say "what the fuck" play the movie - "give'em giant fucking robot early"!!!

Bay
I personally wouldn't mind the movie opening early. I wonder how early he means. Sony had decided to open Shrek Third a day early kinda, by encouraging a 10:00pm start date rather then the 12:01am time some theatres do. Since only get one airing either way, don't see what difference it makes. Personally because of work, I rather have a 12:01am showing. Also really only the most fanatic show up at the time so it makes for a great audience experience. Often times a good audience can make a film even better to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
          Creative Commons License