Friday, June 01, 2007

Bay Comments AICN Review and TV Spots

Bay drooped by his Shoot for the Edit forum and dropped two quick posts regarding the recent AICN review of Transformers and the TV spots possibly revealing to much of the movie.

About the review:

If he did in fact see the picture, he saw a very early cut. I can tell because of the music he mentions - those were 3 months ago. So much changes in these months those are the months when it becomes a real movie.

About the TV spots:
I promise you we are holding so much back - things that will blow you away that you will only see in the cinema.
The review comments pretty much confirmed what I guess with the temp music. The CGI will probably continue to be tweaked right up to the premiere dates.

As for the trailers and TV spots giving to much away...have to admit its not really a concern. If notice the advertisements are really the same 10 or so moments recut in different ways and different angles. Maybe 15 minutes (to be generous) of the movie has been revealed and a couple story beats but nothing major.

A flash of this and that isn't what we want to see anyway. We want to see big Transformers kicking butt in a way never seen before. The advertisements seem to show this promise might be fulfilled. Since this is a CGI extravaganza even if memorized the script and spoiled out the ying yang, its not really spoiled because reading that Optimus and Megatron fight isn't the same as seeing it. Knowing something will occur and seeing it occur are two different things in movies of this nature.
(source)

1 comment:

  1. I,ll post another comment i guess...This is the Artist from ILM I almost said my real first name but I am Not trying to get fired Fuck that shit. When we were told to sketch the fight scenes I had no idea the end result was that beatiful. Isaw the cartoon 20 years ago as poor black kid with just enough to pay for the ticket but that was a big deal to me.Now that I'm a 32 year old grown man when we got to see the half assed finshed cut I almost cried ( not like a bitch) when I and about forty other anonymous artists sat in a theater with regular people and God knows who else to view the movie in one final reel and trust me YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED !The fight between Optimus and Megatron is the only real beef I have with the film. Starscream should have killed him instead that" sneak thief" nature in Starscream would have completed the circle for me.Now I have no Idea how the sequel will pick up.( But then again there is an OCEAN'S 12 which I never saw coming and hopfully a successful 13 I hope).

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License