Sunday, June 01, 2008

PA Audition Report

From Seibertron.com, "Delicon" is a report of the experience that he and his wife had auditioning for Transformers today. Basically it comes down to waiting in line, getting a picture taken and then sent home. Course its for background performers so the goal is to look good enough but not distract from the foreground events so a picture is probably all they really need (course that begs the question of why require people to show up at all).

Hey guys, just wanted to pass this along. My wife and I along with fellow Seibertron member "Prime Evil" attended the Tf2 casting call at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia yesterday.

The rules were as follows, they took SAG members from 10-11 and non-union "actors" (pretty much anyone else) from 11 to 3.

We got in line about 10:40 am or so. There was already a massive line at that time. They had us fill out info sheets, mainly asking us questions like height/weight and clothing sizes, whether we were students and a few other things. The student question was likely because they had put emphasis on needing college aged actors.

After about a 45-50 minute wait in line, we finally got to the door, only to be told "You're done."

It wasn't just us, they told pretty much everyone that. They did mark letters on every sheet, mine and my wife's read "OT" while Prime Evil's were "PE." However, we were supposed to bring a snapshot along. My wife and I accidentally left ours behind when we were rushing to get on the train so they took us inside to snap some new pictures.

Inside, it was almost a ghost town. Interesting to note that the staff members on the inside were actually complaining that more people weren't sent inside.

The picture process was pretty simple, they wrote our names on a big white sheet and made us hold it next to our bodies while they snapped the photo. They told my wife to make sure that she held it so her Bumbleee shirt fully got in the picture.

After that was done, we were done. We haven't heard anything back yet and honestly I'm not holding my breath but it was a unique experience.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I went to audition, too. I got there with my two friends earlier, though-- before 10am, and they had already started everything.

    I didn't know exactly what I was expecting, but I know it wasn't anywhere near "fill out a sheet of paper, stand in line, get inside and sifted into one of three lines, hand paper over, and leave."

    I have no idea why there were three lines (and they weren't so much lines as three separate tables-- you were told which one to go to after getting inside,) or why they simply didn't opt for a mail-in sort of deal (which I know they're also doing.)

    Lots of confusion, man. Some guy tried to get everyone going by saying that Shia LaBeouf was inside, but ... ;) We simply weren't stupid enough.

    Someone else came out and did some moves, saying he was "transforming into the guy that got the part," which was somewhat amusing and, I admit, got my hopes up for some sort of interview. Needless to say, I was later disappointed.

    I'm not sure what's going to come of it, but it was a nice experience, and even a bit fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to many open calls, I never attend them because after they do the open call they ask if you didn't attend to send in your picture and resume anyway I was not gonna stand in that line and the fact that it rained. Just remember open calls you never AUDITION for they just take your headshots and resume. You can mail or email them the next day usually when they ask

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got an OT as well, but I have NO idea what it means. We've been trying to figure it out but have had no luck haha.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License