Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fox on Budget, Story

Megan Fox spoke recently with IGN about Transformers 2 and Jennifer's Body during the Television Critics Association press tour. I can't help but appreciate a women that is willing to let her geek flag fly every now and then.
Q: How is Transformers 2 going?
Megan Fox: It's going good. It's gigantic!

Q: Compared to the first, you'd say it's way bigger?
Fox: It's twice the budget, so yeah.

Q: Can you say where this movie picks up for your characters?
Fox: It's two years later, so when it comes out it will be present day. Shia [LaBeouf, who reprises his role as Sam Witwicky] and I have been dating for two years, so it's kind of like old news. There's no big love scenes or anything like that – you kind of get into the couple bickering now. That stage, like the old married couple. That's all I can say!

Q: Have you been keeping in touch with your Transformers buddies in those two years?
Fox: With Shia, yeah.

Q: (Referring to her Star Wars t-shirt, complete with Darth Vader picture) Are you a Star Wars fan?
Fox: I'm a Star Wars fan. I'm a Star Trek fan. I'm a big nerd. I'm a big, giant comic book nerd.

Q: Are you going to go down to Comic-Con?
Fox: Yeah.

Q: How do you think it's going to be to go down there after the first Transformers?
Fox: You know, I was at WonderCon and nobody really gave a (expletive), so we'll see. I think it's gonna be fun though. I've always wanted to go.

Q: Have you learned more about Transformers factoids than you ever thought you'd know?
Fox: I can't retain all the information. There's so much information to that cartoon with all the different types of bots there are. So I still know way less than I should I guess.
There is also a video but its from promotion of the first film last year where she talks about Bay and filming the movie. As for the movie being twice that of the second film, therefore $300 million, I have my doubts. I hope its true because that means lots and lots of on screen Transformer action but I am thinking the budget is in the $200 million range.

5 comments:

  1. Can I just say that she gets a massive virtual high five from me? A big thanks too ^,^ for making it the slightest bit more 'ok' for girls to be seen in public with geek paraphernalia. when she says 'with Shia, yah." does she mean she's had no contact with the other 'bots?

    I also love how she says 'bots.'
    That's a mark that she's really becoming well integrated.

    Comic book girls FTW! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $300million budget probably includes all the marketing. The movie budget itself might be $190-$230million I guess..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a total nerd/geek comic fan AND a girl (well - woman). There's tons of us out there!

    Now I just wish that Megan would give women a good name by scraping all that makeup off her face. It's fine on camera, but she doesn't need it off screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transformers film partially in Michigan.
    Visit www. michiganfilmproduction.com for 42% film tax incentive now in effect in Michigan.
    www.filmbudget.com - The Worldwide leader in film budgeting. Thank you. info@filmbudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Detroit Film Production & filming in Michigan will continue to grow with the establishment of Michigan & Detroit Stages and Studios to capture entire film production expenditure.

    Visit www.detroitfilmproduction.com for info on Detroit Film Production Services

    info@detroitfilmproduction.com

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License