Sunday, August 31, 2008

Digg It

Just a minor site note. I just found out the code to add Digg buttons to the site thanks to Brian Cantin's blog. I figured I was seeing other sites getting digged (often for info found here first) so why not join in.

So digg away and let me know if its working or not.

Update: Well so much for that idea. As a few site viewers have confirmed, it seems the digg it buttons slowed down the website load time dramatically. I thought it was just me but always nice to get outside confirmation. So the digg buttons are gone.

On the bright side I remembered that Feedburner offered a service to do it a different way as you will notice at the bottom of every post. From what I can tell that isn't effecting load time so can still digg but now without a drag on the load times. So try it out, let me know what you think. Keep it? Add to it? Suggestions always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. The only problem with the Digg stuff is that when you click on one of the months on the left side, it takes forever to load. I have high speed internet at my house and it took over 5 minutes before all of the digg stuff loaded. It was quite annoying...just an FYI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to submit them first, for them to be digged (or Dug)

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License