Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pictures from Queensway Bridge

The Movie Chronicles website scored the below pictures from mylordsinuhe and fg9 that show some of the vehicles and set for the Transformers 2 shoot at Queensway Bridge in Long Beach, CA. Most of the pictures show Optimus Prime and Chinese signs to dress the area as part of Shanghai, China. As for the backend of the car in the first pic, that is the Chevy Corvette concept car that is currently rumored to be the Corvette Centennial.

Ranger565 posted a brief report of what he saw when he visited the area.
OK Well I work in the area and they have the whole area set up to be China, as you guys know. Now I did see Prime, Bumblebee, the silver corvette, 2 blue cars (small) and Ironhide. All were parked on the back lot behind Catalina Landing!

The scene I witnessed was a traffic scene where they were driving down Shoreline Drive and then 2 flatbed Trucks merge into traffic. THEN BOOOM!!! One of the two trucks blew in half.

NOTE: The Autobots were not in the blow up scene. That’s it the stunt guys got out the cars and the Helicopter flew off. But man that truck blue the trailer hitch right off. Then I heard that it may not have gone according to plan. Both trucks were [supposed] to blow up.

15 comments:

  1. Hmmm... very interesting!!

    Had the Corvette been all silver then I would allude to it being Wheeljack... but the red suggests that it could be Hot Rod... that could actually be one of the most significant snaps re: TF2 we've seen to date.

    Perhaps Sideswipe?? (or Side-Swipe as he must now be known...)

    Am lovin' the quad-tailpipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, there is no red. The red is a part of the cargo truck transporting the silver corvette lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd like to know about the "small blue cars" that are mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
  4. man this movie is gonna be epic....

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is red on the corvette. i was there when they were unloading it.


    Gettodeath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if the car does turn out to be Hot Rod, does that mean that Optimus is going to be killed? I hate to think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 small blue cars? makes me curious about them. 2 new TFs? or just random cars.


    hard to tell in that picture if its red from mirroring or paint.

    where did you see the red parts gettodeath?

    and where is ratchet? havent seen much shoots with him

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no red on the silver car, you can see that the ramp/lift for the car above it in the trailer is painted red.

    Because of the cars shinyness and the sun glare, it is reflecting that red down onto the car.

    Compare that shot to any of the other silver car shots, and you can easily see there is no red on the car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHO IS THE COVERED CAR ABOVE STINGER? (Silver Corvette Stongray Concept)

    I was going to say BUMBLEBEE, but his rear/back Wheels are sooo exposed.

    WHO WAS IT??????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry dudes, it's my mom's red Volvo station wagon. The epic awesomeness was just too much for you Hot Rod fans so I'll be sure to tone down its presence. :P

    Man, seeing these shots makes me jealous now. ;_; I was soooo there and just a few days late! Aauurgghh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah man i wonder what car is that above the corvette...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMFG!!! I dreamed I was on that bridge!!!! I was an autobot on there and Optimus was right behind me!!!! :O And, I swear to God, this was BEFORE I even saw the pix!!! *Screams and hyperventilates*

    ReplyDelete
  14. no red?? are you fcuking blind???

    funny how the shape of the corvette logo is followed and recessed... and also the 'gills'!

    c'mon people, think people think!

    altho I still think the red suggests Hot Rod or Sideswipe, the shape of the back end just reminds me (somehow) of Wheeljack.

    as as for my previous 'tailpipe' comment... god knows what I was thinking... as a brit... it is correctly known as the EXHAUST!!!!

    I'm disappointed that Bay has opted to put in 2 small Autobots, i.e. minions such as Armada Leader-1. Can't think which characters they may be, besides one being Cliffjumper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License