Friday, June 12, 2009

Transformers Stars, Writers Talk Trilogy

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox along with the film's writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman talk about revisiting the film for a third time (for July 2012 release) as Bay is taking a yearlong Transformers break. Below is part of the article and also a video of interviews with Shia, Ramon, and Megan.

... said Megan Fox, "I'm really happy to have been a part of these films, obviously, and if they wanted me to come back for a third one, I would. I owe them," she laughed. "I owe them my career, really."

"I'd like to see some version of Galvatron," said Roberto Orci.. "I would like to see Unicron, too, and really anything that ends in the word 'ron.' Dinobots! I think, eventually, the Dinobots are going to have to happen."

Although some fans remember the dinosaur-shaped Transformers as being a bit cheesy, Orci doesn't see it as an obstacle. "I didn't say it was going to be my problem [to overcome as a writer]," he laughed. "But as a fan, I would like to see some Dinobots."

...Kurtzman and Orciaren't completely sure they'll be returning for "Transformers 3." "It's totally possible that, just for the benefit of 'Transformers' to stay cool and awesome, we should have to let new people come in and do it," Kurtzman said.

"I don't think [we'll make 'Transformers 3'] right away, but I wouldn't kill it either," LaBeouf explained, saying that just like Michael Bay, all the stars need a break from the giant robot franchise. "I don't think we're going to do one anytime soon. I think we all need a break from each other and a break from the project. We just need to collect ourselves and come back to it. They're hard to make, man."

1 comment:

  1. I can understand getting sick of people you're around 24/7 but for the money they will be back. Don't let them fool you. I wouldn't mind if they brought in new people for the third movie though.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License