Thursday, December 08, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D Blu-ray Combo Cover

Blu-ray.com has revealed the cover for Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D combo pack that is due for release on January 31st, 2012. For some reason it is being called a "Limited Edition" on the cover, not sure what that means in this context. The pack has DOTM in 3D on Blu-ray disc, regular Blu-ray, DVD and digital copy. Not sure if that means 3 or four discs total. There is no mention of special features but I am willing to bet that this pack is identical to the previously released combo pack with just the extra 3D disc added. Theoretically there is still an "Ultimate" edition on the horizon but who knows what is going on at this point. In short, it seems if you had not bought the movie yet this does nothing to clear up if you should commit now or not and if you already bought it then you are not missing anything. (via Seibertron)

4 comments:

  1. I have a 3D TV now so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this one after I watched the DVD a coupla times on my portable DVD player. Tron Legacy, Tangled, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs were pretty cool in Blu-Ray 3D. I haven't really touched Harry Potter for obvious reasons... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3D effect just like on Avatar is really none. An absolute waste of money. And current stereoscopic ancient 3D technology only hurts human eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't hurt my eyes. I can watch them all in 3D just fine.

    What's wrong with your eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martinus Prime12/09/2011 5:43 AM

    The only scenes that were awesome in 3D, were the ones with The Ark flying around Cybertron in the beginning, Optimus flying around with his jetpack and the wingsuit soldiers in Chicago. Those are indeed awesome!!! But the rest of the film was not wothy in 3D.

    I'm very happy with my Limited Slip-cover blu-ray I got on ebay. I'm still hoping there will be an "Ultimate" S.E. 2-disc set. I still often watch the discs with extra stuff of the first 2 movies.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License