Monday, October 15, 2012

Hugo Weaving Has Never Met Michael Bay

In an interview with Collider, Hugo Weaving commented about working as the voice of Megatron on the three Transformers films. Specifically he mentioned he has not been approached about Transformers 4, has never met Michael Bay and knew nothing then nor nothing know about Transformers or Megatron (which explains why he never did press for the films). It kind of hints at the nature of voice over work for celebrities which is often very little work for high amount of pay. Basically it was a job and he went in at did it.
As the voice of Megatron, has Michael Bay called about the next Transformers movie yet?
WEAVING: No. That’s a weird job for me because it honestly was a two-hour voice job, initially. I was doing a play and I actually didn’t have time, anyway. It was one of the only things I’ve ever done where I had no knowledge of it, I didn’t care about it, I didn’t think about it. They wanted me to do it. In one way, I regret that bit. I don’t regret doing it, but I very rarely do something if it’s meaningless. It was meaningless to me, honestly. I don’t mean that in any nasty way. I did it. It was a two-hour voice job, while I was doing other things. Of course, it’s a massive film that’s made masses of money. I just happened to be the voice of one of the iconic villainess characters. But, my link to that and to Michael Bay is so minimal. I have never met him. I was never on set. I’ve seen his face on Skype. I know nothing about him, really. I just went in and did it. I never read the script. I just have my lines, and I don’t know what they mean. That sounds absolutely pathetic! I’ve never done anything like that, in my life. It’s hard to say any more about it than that, really.

7 comments:

  1. Well that's not respectfull,he could have learnd a thing or two about Transformers...

    But He did a very good job There

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was no idea what he is doing and comes out it worked perfectly. He created awesome voice play. For the first movie of course. Dubbing of Megatron and Starscream from the second and third one were much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pathetic . Frank Welker might done the job extremely good .... He knows that he is doing and who he is pretending to be after all . Megatron is Frank Welker /And optimus Prime is Peter Cullen !!! End Of story !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats the craziest shit I ever heard, he just came in and did it? and never been on a set? never met Bay? WTF!! thats totaly rediculous I cant beleive it and he even sounds like he wasn't into it at all WOW!! I didn't expect to hear that one. I didn't mind the voice but I would much rather have Welker exspecialy after hearing that. Goodby Hugo

    ReplyDelete
  5. pathetic

    welker has done an amazing job with the the "broader range" version of megatron's voice on TF prime. Just add a hint of robo effect on his voice and it would have worked for movie megs just fine and with more enthusiasm and character
    I could tell weaving was disjointed and phoning it in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Weaver wasn't that interested in doing voice for Megatron?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugo Weaving is a genius

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License