Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Hasbro Cinematic Universe Officially Announced

While this isn't Transformers news, I figure 70s and 80s toy fans might find it interesting. Hasbro has revealed they are planning the Hasbro Cinematic Universe for five of their properties. This universe currently does not include Transformers. The properties are G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K., and ROM. It isn't clear if this means five movies, a single movie or some combination in between. GI Joe 3 is already in the very early planning stages so my guess is it would like be a gateway to one or more movies of the other properties. This is what Akiva Goldsman was pulled off of scripting Transformers 5 to lead the Hasbro Writers Room for. I have fond memories of M.A.S.K. and GI Joe but the others are just names I have heard. If I recall they were not really that successful at the time so their choice for a return is an interesting one on Hasbro's part. I am also curious to see much they will re-invent the lines from scratch as it seems that long dormant properties of Micronauts, Visionaries, MASK, and ROM are essentially blank slates for them to do whatever they want.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see a M.A.S.K. movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read somewhere else that Transformers is part of this plan. Maybe the report was wrong. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License