Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Steinfeld Confirms Bumblebee Casting (Updated)

In a profile piece on Hailee Steinfeld who is on a singing tour in Australia, news.com.au spoke with the actress confirmed her casting in the Bumblebee movie.
On the eve of her whirlwind promotional visit to Australia next weekend to spruik Most Girls, Steinfeld was confirmed to star in the Transformers prequel Bumblebee. She will also appear on The Voice while in Australia.

“I am so excited to know that is the next movie I am working on,” she said as the news broke last week.

“Obviously I’m coming to Australia and when I come back, we start shooting.”
When the casting was first rumored, her character was described as "tomboy who also holds a job as a mechanic after school." Now that Wonder Woman has reminded Hollywood (for the umpteenth time) that there can be female action heroes, I can't help but wonder if changes were made to the script to accommodate this "new" reality.

Update: In another interview with BBC's Newsbeat, the actress re-iterated the casting:
"I am so excited I'm doing the spin-off, it's starting very soon," the 20-year-old actress and singer told Newsbeat.

"It's crazy to think about. I'm a big fan of the Transformers movies and I can't believe I am going to be in a version of them."

"I will be shooting Bumblebee in the States and working on the music at the same time. So we will see how that all pans out," she says.

"But this movie is really something special. It has a great storyline and this character that I play, who you will soon meet, is really special. So I'm very excited for people to see it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
          Creative Commons License