Collecticon.org has provided a new update on the filming details when Transformers 3 invades Chicago, IL and more or less closes the Magnificent Mile for three days from July 15th to July 19th. DW Studios Production has sent out a four page document to local businesses detailing Transformers 3 plans for the area which the website has images of. The production perimeter is not open to the public, partly to allow for smooth filming but also for safety reasons. If you live in the area, probably just best to not attempt to drive anywhere that weekend as traffic is going to be ugly.
- Portion of Michigan Avenue will be closed starting at 8pm on July 15th until 5am on July 19th.
- Filming is expected to occur from July 16th to 18th from 7AM to 7PM.
- Scenes will include exterior shots with special effects and "low flying helicopters."
- "The special effects will include but are not limited to gunfire, spark hits, explosions, fireballs, and black smoke."
- "The Michigan Avenue Bridge will be raised and lowered for filming." It will be closed to traffic from 8pm on July 16th to 5am on July 19th.
- The "main filming location is the traffic circle north of the bridge and surrounded by the Wrigley Building, 401 N. Michigan Ave, and Pioneer Court.
- Portions of the River Walk will be closed and boat loading zones will be relocated.
- The filming will use precision skydivers on July 17th and July 18th.
- Additional filming:
July 19th-21st at the Hotel 71 on Wacker Drive
July 24th-August 1st at 35
East Wacker Drive and nearby streets
July 27th at Trump Plaza