Friday, May 11, 2007

Transformers Building Coverage

The "official" unvealing of a building wrapped in Transformers posters was performed Thurday morning. Various reports are online about the event. Here are a few.

This is from Jonnie, who was the first in line:
So I attended this event. in fact, I was first in line.

We
were to sign in...giving our phone #s and Email address. Then given green
wristbands.

No pics were allowed inside the sector 7 mobile. They showed
a clip of the battle between humans and Skorponok.

Then we proceeded to
the Power 106 booth where we received our Transformer toys - a protoform. Then a
poster and a red flier thing with the screening info on it.

It said that
they would contact us via email and phone to give us directions and time to the
prescreening.

Im still waiting.

by the way. I was interviewed
and pics were taken of me since I was the first person in line. I lined up
yesterday at 330pm. while no one else showed up till 330am this morning and the
mobile unit arrived around 4am. and set up lasted from 4-710am

That is
all. I took ALOT of pics of the line, the building and the flier and outside the
mobile command before they told us NO PICS.
Here is another man on the scene write-up from Rufus Prime (ignore the typos and stuff, its a message board post afterall):
I was on the boards a few days ago and learned of the promotion that was going
down at the Transformers Banner building on Vine. I wondered if it would be
worth it to wake up early and see what this was all about.

I wasn't sure
what the respons would be, would it be packed early in the morning because we
were all able to hear about this through the wonder that is TFW.com?
Or
would no one come thinking that it is a cheep stunt and not really worth the
time. I decided to get there early, figuring I could go home if there was no one
there since I have a friend close by.

When I got there at four though,
there were a few die hard fans waiting for whatever "it" was going to be.

A few hours, a wrist band and writing down some info, and I was ready to
enter the mobile Sector 7 unit. They shuffled us into a trailer that contained a
few Sector 7 agents, many different communication devices, what looked like some
SWAT gear, and large monitors showing the logo for the agency. Two agents began
to let us know that any rumors we had heard about NBE's ( Non-Biological
Entities) were false and that there was nothing more we needed to worry about.
In the middle of the this another agent tuned in on the big screens saying that
they had just recived an urgent transmision from survivers of the base attack
That we were already familier with from the trailer.

The two agents
began to panic and tried to cut off the call, but the agent on the screen
uploaded the data anyway.

------Spoiler Alert---------

And there
it was, soldiers scouting the desserts after thier base had been demolished. As
they were walking Scopinok bursts out of the ground and Impailes one of the
soldiers with his tail, wipes him into the air and drags him underground. The
rest of the Unit run to find cover in a small villige near by. A call is made to
the pentagon for air support and that battle it out with this amazeing creature
until help arrives.

The whole "transmission" was about 7 to 10 minutes
and was... so... freakin'... sweetl

Scorp looked incredible, from the 4
missles he would shoot out of his pincers at once, to his battle mask that would
cover his face when ever return fire got too close to anything vital, to the
acrobatics of jumping around rubble to ruturn fire. Some of the footage was
still unfinished, but a good amount was.

And with that it was all
over... I did not leave empty handed though.

I was part of the first 50
so I recived a voucher to see an up coming screening (which could be anytime
between now and June they said, no one was sure), a small movie poster, and
protoform figure.

All and all it was cool. Really excited to see the
movie, whenever this screening may be, and I hope I wasn't the only one that got
to see the goods today.
That pretty much covers all that matters about the event, but if want to know more, ENI also has an article about the event.

Click here for a gallery of pics.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds kinda cute that a scorpion has missles on him...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I just found this Blog and noticed that you quoted me. sweet.

    I am Jonnie, who was first in line at the 'unveiling' in hollywood.

    I posted a few other comments on that thread at TFW2005. if you care to read them or repost them here for your readers.

    FYI - they still have not called anyone that I kept in touch with or attended the unveiling with.

    it saddens me that its taking this long.

    Jonnie

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License