Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Stern Turns Down Role In Transformers

According to Howard Stern on his radio show Monday, he turned down an offer to "voice" Frenzy since the role would just be his voice coming from the radio.

Stern: “They contracted me like a week ago. My agent said they wanted my voice on the radio, and the letter sucks me in, it goes: We feel you represent America’s icon of radio, and when that radio turns on just for a couple seconds, the audience gets to hear your voice. The crowd will go insane. And I’m like, YEAH! Then my agent gets a hold of me. It’s almost like he shakes me up and smacks me. I said to him: This movie, The Transformers, it could be a really big movie. And he goes 'So, it won't be because of you, because your f'n voice is on the radio. I thought it might be kinda cool but my agent said 'you don't want to be in the movie as an f'n voice on the radio. And I said, you know, you're right."

So there you go, everyone say thank you to Howard Stern's manager. The idea sounds fine on the surface but I am thinking in execution it would have distracted from the scene.
(source)

7 comments:

  1. I'm a big Howard Stern fan (but I don't have satellite radio, boo hoo~). I'm on the fence with this issue. I can see how it can be a distraction from the REAL STARS of the show. We didn't come to hear Howard, we came to see the ROBOTS. On the other hand, it's a great marketing gimmick because dude, Howard is THE MAN of ALL MEDIA. To get more popcorn chompers into the theaters means $$$$$ for the production company. I think right now, the movie as it is has a large amount of popular A-List and B-List celebrities that it can hold its own weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His manager seems seems to be making him some good money, so ignoring his advice might be hard. Sorry Mr Stern, you lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Stern's and I doubt that one little blip on the radio/Frenzy would bring in more viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True true. Plus the fact that Howard has moved from RADIO to satellite broadcast makes it even more difficult to recognize him in a sea of voices we are already impatiently waiting for.

    Off-topic, has anyone seen the Ultimate Bumblebee in stores yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Howard has a lot of fan and if he just mentions Transformers, that's great advertising. People aren't gonna go cuz of him, but it makes them aware of the movie. It's not a big deal though. On or not, who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe they'll get Imus saying "Nappy Headed Hoes" instead. That would get a crowd reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the guy, therefore I can see how he'd make a good Frenzy voice.
    That particular character is supposed to be annoying and evil from what i've heard and being voiced by howard stern would probably add to that characterization for me. Too bad the jackass pussied out. He almost got to be a little metal villian.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License