Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Peter Cullen At Work On TF2

In an interview with Reading Eagle, Peter Cullen confirmed that he is back at work on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen to reprise his role of Optimus Prime.
"Optimus is my favorite character because it's been so well received and it's had such an effect on so many people," Cullen said. "Because of that, I hold it closer than any other character I've done - outside of maybe Eeyore, who's had a considerable effect on younger children too.

Right now Cullen is happily juggling a variety of projects. He's penning a novel with autobiographical elements and continues to voice Eeyore for the Playhouse Disney series "My Friends Tigger & Pooh." And he's logging time in a studio to record his lines as Optimus Prime for the "Transformers" sequel, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

"I have started," Cullen said. "I worked with Michael a few weeks ago and we did some of the opening dialogue, the opening speech and then a couple of scenes with Shia LaBeouf. Shia wasn't there, of course. I just worked from the script."

So what happens in the sequel?

"They're very secretive about the story," he said. "I only know the lines I've read, and I'm not allowed to disclose any of those. But the amount of success that 'Transformers' had on a financial level is providing a lot more screen time for Optimus Prime. It's very expensive to do all these robot characters because of the 10,000 moving parts.

"Thankfully we were a hit, so there's 'Transformers 2' and maybe 'Transformers 3.' I think 'Transformers 2' is going to be an incredible, incredible picture. I can see the excitement in the faces of the people involved, and it generates quite a bit of excitement in me too."

3 comments:

  1. Said well, Mr.Cullen... you're the man! Sounds like more screen time for Prime and lots of excitement. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the kind of news i want to hear. they get so excited. i have to honest, im kind of liking Optimus Prime more now. more screen time for OP, that sounds awesome. can't wait for TF2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to meet Peter at the botcon for the movie premiere. He is absolutely everything like Optimus is portrayed in person, absolutely the most genuine and kind person i have ever met! I can't thank him enough for voicing one of the most iconic heros of all time! I really hope he comes to the next botcon, and that i could meet him again.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License