Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Taylor Glad Not In TF2

It looks like Rachael Taylor has taken the "I am an artist!" road when expressing her relief at not being asked back for Transformers 2, at least that is my read of the article posted on MTV.
As Maggie Madsen, the Aussie actress played a computer analyst who was just as much eye candy as she was tech-smart. And while that was a “great experience,” Taylor said, it’s “not quite what I want to do” and it would defeat the purpose of becoming a better actor “if I was just going to become a ‘Transformers’ girl.” (Is that like being a Bond girl, with less prestige?)

“There’s a line in ‘Bottle Shock,’ ” her current film in theaters, “how ‘from hardship comes enlightenment,’ ” Taylor said. “Bill Pullman is talking about wine — the grape has to struggle and the dirt has to be dry for the wine to be good — but that’s a lovely metaphor for all artists, actors, painters, candlestick makers. There needs to be struggle, conflict and evolution.”

To transform herself, she said, she needs to do roles that aren’t quite as easy for her as “Transformers” was (in which she retained her native accent). ” ‘Transformers’ was important and defining for me because it taught me about what kinds of movies I want to make and the kind of actor I want to be, and I have a long way to go before I become that actor,” she said.

Which means no more blockbusters for a while. “It’s in independent film where I’m closer to becoming that actor,” she said. “So I’m going to stick to that world for a while. I have to earn my stripes. I don’t believe in winning the sprint. I would prefer to win the marathon. So I dodged a bullet there. Or a robot.”
As long as there is plenty of Transformer action, not particularly concerned with who plays the hot blonde role (currently Isabel Lucas). I will miss the hot Australian accent. Kind of a bit thankless though as I seriously doubt she would have the opportunities she has now if not for Transformers. It’s not a talent thing (I am sure she has plenty), it is an "I saw you in such and such and thought you would be great for this" thing that drives much of Hollywood casting. Often one role opens the door to the next one. Something that Rachael would be very wise to remember.

16 comments:

  1. Awww... gonna miss her tho. She looked lovely in the lil scenes she was. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. isbael lucas is australian too

    rachael taylor needs to get over herself

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like she's unhappy she wasn't picked to be part of the TF2 cast and she's taking the "I'm an artist" road. It's gonna suck that she's not gonna be on TF2 since its always nice to see a familiar face and I think she's way cuter than the Isabel Lucas. I'm sure Michael Bay could have made a part for her in the movie but oh well I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. man I read that title wrong and wondered who the hell "Taylor Glad" was

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This girl will ruin her own career and herself. It's highly likely that she is currently involved with some rich guy in the whole "independent film"(read:just pompous hype) sector and now she thinks that blockbuster movies are not suited to become a famous, rich and talented actor/actress.
    Well, then actresses like Sigourney Weaver that built her own career on blockbuster movies like the first Alien, Ghostbusters and Aliens mainly are not talented nor famous nor rich enough for Miss Taylor...
    How sad, really. When she will wake up sometime during her life she will find out that she was so wrong and that she had a big chance thanks to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg but then she did the worst mistake of her life and quit her best chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^
    |
    |

    Wouldn't put it better myself...

    ReplyDelete
  8. She sounds kind of stuck up here, but you have to note it is easy to take the written word out of context, and it's possible that she has more to say about it than what has been shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's funny how the line in her new movie "from hardship comes enlightenment" is in a way, just a re-hash of the Witwicky family motto "no sacrifice, no victory."

    ReplyDelete
  10. The funny thing is I had never even heard of this woman BEFORE Transformers.

    Anyhoo, I'm always amazed by actors who are too good to play certain roles because the movie doesn't challenge their skills. What a load of crock! These are the same actors you hear about begging for work years later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you guys are pretty pissed off because some chick didnt want to be in another movie about giant robots

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pissed about what? Screw her, it's not like she is the only pretty actress/girl in the world... Oh, and she is not in TF 2 not becase she didn't want, but M. Bay and the studio didn't want her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GRAARGH FUCK THAT BITCH FOR WANTING TO BE IN A DIFFERENT KIND OF FILM SHE WOULD BE WIPING MICHAEL BAY'S SPOOGE OFF HER FACE IF SHE KNEW WHATS GOOD FOR HER FUCKING BITCH

    ReplyDelete
  14. ^^
    ||
    ||

    And that people, is how brainfu** looks... BEWARE OF IT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol I second that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is going around telling people she turned down the role. When the truth is she wasn't asked back! I agree with the second poster. She needs to get over herself!

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License