Friday, October 24, 2008

Bay Comments on TF Ride

Earlier this week Dreamworks and Universal announced plans to open a Transformers themed park ride for their Universal Studios parks. Michael Bay apparently is less then enthused by the idea based on his blog post.
The shooting in the Middle East is ground breaking - an awesome time had by all the crew.

The Transformer Ride at Universal making all the press rounds - not sure yet - they had me in a press release saying I supported it - but Universal has a long way to go in my mind. I don't support it - I'm not involved and not sure the story of the ride works, and I know Optimus is not going to just show up to be directed by some new people that have never worked with him. I hate when people bullshit a quote from me that I never said.

I'll keep you informed. Maybe the guy making the rides at Universal will direct Transformers 3????

Bay
Bay has a tendency towards snark so don't jump to conclusions about who is or is not directing Transformers 3. While I guarantee the studio is gung ho to do a third I doubt they are even considering the details of who will be helming it. Also, realistically a theme ride is very much an engineering exercise as it is creative. The skill sets required to create a ride that runs thousands of times a year safely for millions of tourists is a whole lot different then what is required to direct a movie. At most the movie director would have input on the project as far as design but probably not much else.

Thanks to Steven for the heads-up.

7 comments:

  1. That's right Bay! Don't take no shit from anybody! How about a trailer buddy??


    1rst***WOOOT***!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats fraud bay demand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daaaaaaaamn bay! You're supposed to wear panties to the beach so you DON'T get sand in your vagina...

    *Rolls eyes*

    Gimme a break, gettin pissy over something stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd hardly call people out and out making up quotes supposedly from you, when you never said such things 'something stupid'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James Cameron recently did the exact same thing, when McG said that he had Cameron's blessing on Terminator 4 and that he loved the script, when Cameron in fact never saw the script, nor gives two shits about the 4th movie.

    But I bet he's being a pussy over something stupid as well, huh? Oh wait, no. Never mind. It's totally different when it's coming from a director most people like. I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "But I bet he's being a pussy over something stupid as well, huh? Oh wait, no. Never mind. It's totally different when it's coming from a director most people like. I forgot."

    Pay $12 to see explosions and military? Give me a break...

    Once he cleans the sand out of his vagina then we'll see..

    and + Who really does G.A.S. about Terminator 4? who cared about 3? who cares about that stupid TV show they have on FOX!

    Now live action TF tv show... talk about a money maker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obviously your Internet search skills are pretty shitty, otherwise you'd know the answer to all those questions would be 'A lot'. Plus, what does the Terminator TV show have to do with ANYTHING?

    "Pay $12 to see explosions and military? Give me a break..."

    Ok, so if you aren't a fan of Transformers then why are you here? Thank you for prooving you're nothing more then an emo bitch teenager with nothing better to do but troll sites.

    Good day.

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License