Thursday, February 20, 2014

Titus Welliver Comments on Transformers 4

In an interview with The Nerdist to promote his potential new series Bosch (based on Michael Connolly's series of excellent books), Titus Welliver briefly commented on Transformers: Age of Extinction.
“I’ve now won the hard earned respect of my children because I’m in a Transformers film, and I’ve always wanted to work with Michael Bay and certainly Mark Wahlberg and Kelsey Grammer.” And what can fans look forward to in this installment? “It’s a bit more of a darker vision of the Transformers world… It’s not a kids movie, I’ll tell you that much.”
I can't really disagree considering it's likely PG-13 rating but good luck to parents keeping their kids away considering the movie has the killer combo of transforming dinosaurs.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit... that is some refreshing news. Every since Batman Begins (how good of a job Nolan did on it)... I've been a firm believer that Comic Book/Hero movies are soooo much more realistic and just better overall if they have a serious, no nonsense tone. Not too mention, I'm 38 years old and when I tell people that I read comics and am into sci fi they think it's only for kids. I always tell them how serious comics have become. All in all... I think a darker, more serious tone is EXACTLY what the Transformers Saga needs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that's true! I remember the old Adam West Batman series and it's more comical nature to how the series has evolved. It's nothing short of being ten times better. If it's true I can see it doing great things for the Transformers franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to belive this, but considering Michael Bay stated both TF2 and 3 would be more dark and serious, and we all know how those turned out, so i don't have high hopes for this. Its funny though that everytime he said they will be more dark and serious it actually gets more and more non-serious and more stupid jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Titus has retracted/clarified the statement on his Twitter account (@welliver_titus):
    "To Transformers fans.I misspoke in the Nerdist. Transformers 4 IS a kids film,but offers some darker stuff for adults"

    And then:

    "T4 is a great film for Dads and daughters to see together as well. I'll be taking my daughter opening day!!!"

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License