Monday, May 07, 2007

Mark Ryan Is Ironhide?

According to what I guess is the "official" Mark Ryan website, he has been cast in the role of Ironhide by Michael Bay for the movie and the games. He will also perform the voice of Hoist, I guess one of the hidden characters of those games. Even odder, apparently Carl Weathers of Rocky fame, is the voice director for the game. A little "where did they go" moment there.

From the site:
MAY 2007

Well! It's almost summer! So time for a quick update folks!

I recently got called back to the studios by Michael Bay to voice more material to be utilized in editing the Transformers movie to be released during the summer. Michael was again in great form and having a lot of fun with the characters of the Autobots. The material I saw was truly spectacular and I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it in a motion picture before. The action sequences look extraordinary and the scenes were funny and thrilling. The ILM/Special Visual Effects were unprecedented in their complexity and vision. From what I understand the previews of the film seem to be testing very well with selected audiences and I think it's going to be a monster!

So now I can also announce that I've recently recorded two voices for the Activision game based on the film to be released at around the same time as the movie. I voiced both Ironhide and Hoist for the game, directed by legendary "Rocky" star: Carl Weathers, who is an all round gentleman and an excellent voice-over director! More info on Transformers later in the summer!
So your asking "Who is Mark Ryan?" For one thing, he is somebody that might need to look into myspace and other web hosting possiblities as angelfire will probably crash his site soon. Checking out his IMDB entry...well I still have no idea who he is. Seems most of his work was done in the U.K. with a little US work here and there. He is not a known "voice" for cartoons and the like so this is probably all a new experience for him. It also makes it difficult attack or defend his credibility as Ironhide cause have no idea what he sounds like. I guess get to find out in a few months.

My curious question of the moment is when will Frank Welker be announced as the voice of Starscream?
(source)

4 comments:

  1. frank welker? would he be copying Chris Latta's voice, because he isnt doing Megatron in the movie? Its a shame that Latta died in 94...his voice talent gave life to two of the greatest cartoon villans of the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Its a shame that Latta died in 94...his voice talent gave life to two of the greatest cartoon villans of the 80's."

    I great loss to the art of voice acting. His voice will forever be burned into people's minds at that one of the best all well known villains of all time. His interaction with Magatron could almost never be duplicated again.

    However, if he was still with us and able to try out for the job, I doubt he would be hired to do the movie. I'm sure the studio is jonesing for big names, or even medium sized names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the hell still has an angelfire? And how the hell does someone using an angelfire page get a hand in the new TF franchise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damned Phil Collins, can't he wait for Spiderman 4!

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License