Saturday, August 09, 2008

Bernie Mac Dead at 50

The entertainment world suffered a new loss today with the death of Bernie Mac due to complications from pneumonia at the age of 50. He was at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital for the last week trying for treatment. His most recent work is the yet to be released Soul Men due out in November.

His career included the Bernie Mac Show for which he received two Emmy nominations, The Original Kings of Comedy, Ocean's series, Charlie's Angels and of course the hilarious car salesmen in Transformers.

"I always want to top myself. I want to get good," Mac told Time magazine in 2003. "You just don't know how much I want to get good. I want the audience to leave the theater and say, 'He did good.'"

Colleagues tributes can be read here and some YouTube videos here.

Bernie Mac
10/5/1957 - 8/9/2008

16 comments:

  1. RIP Bernie. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Bobby B. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoyed watching him, I'm really bummed out now :(

    RIP

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Carlin and now the Mac...man that sucks. R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made us all laugh bernie mac. you will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved to watch him do his thing.
    a great acteur with great talend.
    he wil be missed world wide.

    my condolence to the family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  7. ill miss u bernie would of loved to see u be the car sales man again in tf2. uncle bobby b baby uncle bobby b

    ReplyDelete
  8. R.I.P ma man. you´ll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. g'night, uncle bobby b. thanks for making me laugh so many times...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think director Bay outta arrange a memorial role for Uncle Bobby B in TF2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bernie, you (and also Issac Hayes) will be greatly missed. I watched many episodes of "The Bernie Mac Show" to see what wisdom you'd drop on us, as well as loving the Bobby Bolivia character in TF1. I was hoping that maybe you'd be in TF2, and maybe Bay can make a reference to your character. I'm sure you're making them all laugh on the other side. Condolences to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He was a good man. Rest in peace, Bobby B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2008 is an amazing year, Tim Russert, Carlin, Tony Snow, Bernie Mac and now Issac Hayes .So many household names ya know , touching so many hearts you all touched mine.R.I.P. love, Ricco Rideaux " if I had a rock I'd Buss yo head Bitch"

    ReplyDelete
  14. your first enchalader of freedom awaits underneath one of those hoods

    ReplyDelete
  15. why did he had to died he maked us laugh alot :'( he was great he will be missed R.I.P :( i wished he was in tf2 :'(

    ReplyDelete

 
          Creative Commons License